30 day shred and gym?

AndyBee
AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I just ordered the 30 day shred and was wondering if this should be my sole workout or if I could keep going to the gym too. I've read quite a few posts about how intense and killer the workouts are, so I'm warry. But at the same time, I don't want to waste my membership. Right now I'm on a week to week, so it's no big deal if I cancel or even just suspend my service.

Are there things I could do at the gym that aren't covered in the workout?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I personally do the shred on Mon, Wed, and Fri. I go to the gym Tue, Thur and Sat. Sometimes I go to the gym on days I do the shred, too like today. I personally don't like doing the shred twice in a row just b/c I've always heard its not good to work the same muscles twice in a row.
  • mdaniella
    mdaniella Posts: 42 Member
    Maybe you can try the 30 day shred then make your decision from there. me personally..it kicked my butt! i'm having trouble lifting my arms and picknig things up i feel like i pulled every muscle in my body and i was sweating like crazy. I couldn't do both but maybe you can..i think it depends on the person and how much there body will let them do.
  • nerak3401
    nerak3401 Posts: 43 Member
    I alternated the 30 Day Shred with Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. I thought this mix was sufficient enough to not go to the gym. Maybe keep the gym membership for additional cardio on top of the Shred?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    I just moved up from level 1 to level 2 today on the shred. I normally get about 20 minutes of (brisk) walking and 20 min of stairs in on work days (just as a result from being at work) then come home and do the shred, which I've found to be prob all I can handle--I did levels 1 and then 2 today and am currently in bed with a heating pad, lol. I thought the same thing about not using muscles twice but I've been told that you have to do the shred (pretty much) every day for it to be effective (I usually give myself 1 day/week off). I def wouldn't do any strength training days you do the shred but cardio (running, elliptical, something like that) probably wouldn't be too bad for you if you really felt the need.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    I did about 45 mins to 1 hour of cardio every day that I did the shred ... I did all 30 days :)
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    I am doing both. i cannot do the cardio workouts at the gym. I turn bright red and get embarresed. So I do palates on tues/thursday and yoga weds. I also go for the steam room which is nice to relax. I plan on doing the 30 day shred everyday for 30 days though...Are you suppose to take a day off? Maybe that will be my next post lol
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    I do the Shred level 2 every morning...and the elliptical or treadmill later in the day. Some evenings I also do level 1
    When I first started the DVD I was so sore & stiff...it took a few days before I could do more exercise.
This discussion has been closed.