Favourite salad dressing/salad extras?

2»

Replies

• Moop87
    Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
    I love to add some sweet and sour beets to my salad along with chick peas. I also make sure I don't go overboard with dressing by pouring a bit of dressing in a small cup and then I place my fork in the dressing first then in the salad.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    This is off topic but Izzygirl, your profile picture is really offensive. Many people here are obese and overweight -- that's why they are on this site, obviously. MFP is supposed to be supportive and posting stuff like that is just not necessary or welcome.
  • I make my own. Simple yet delicious. Shallots and garlic in food processor or chopped fine. balsamic vinegar . touch of olive oil.fresh lemon or lime or orange juice salt and pepper if u like :)
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    My favorite dressing is Kraft Raspberry Light Vinaigrette. Things I add vary. It depends on what I have on hand, if it's a meal or just a side, and how many calories I'm aiming for. A few of my favorite things: cucumber, radishes, carrots, spinach leaves, sunflower seeds, walnuts, dried cranberries, grilled chicken, garbonzo beans, kidney beans.
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    That sounds Delicious !
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Trader Joe's Champagne Pear with Gorgonzola dressing. 45 calories and yummy!! Litehouse makes a champagne pear with gorgonzola dressing but it is not as good as Trader Joe's.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    i like some field greens or baby romaine with some cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and 1/4 cup craisins, 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese...top that with a fat free raspberry vinagrette, i prefer balsamic (newman's light) vinagrette and it is delicious...and only about 250-300 cals if you add some croutons...easy to make for lunch every day too
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    I actually really like just a tiny bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. But a tip I actually got from a trainer once was that if you take any of your creamy dressings and cut the amount in half and add some water, and mix really well, you get almost the same taste of the original dressing with half the fat. It will be slightly less flavorful, but its a great way to cut calories! I've done it with lots of dressings and it really does work.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    I make my own dressing- Red wine vinegar, olive oil (more V than O), oregano, basil, garlic powder, dijon mustard, s &p. Is SUPER good with diced bosc pears, craisins, red onion, walnuts and a little bleu cheese. Sometimes take out the pears and craisins and add grape tomatoes. SO nummy.
This discussion has been closed.