HI!

Options
Hello! I'm Lori Beth. I'm 36 years old and have two little girls - 4 and 2 years. After our first child, I was doing pretty well at losing weight. Now, I've been struggling for the last year. I do well during the day; my problem is after dinner even after eating a well balanced meal. I can't seem to control my cravings and want the things you shouldn't have at night. I only want to lose about 25 - 30 lbs. because I just want to be healthy for my girls. But I also have a thyroid problem which doesn't help. I know it's mind over matter but apparently my mind is on a vacation without the rest of me! Welcome any tips or advice! I could use all the help I can get!

Replies

• naomisb
    Options
    hello to. Wanna be my friend?:tongue::drinker: :smooched::blushing:
  • LivingFree
    Options
    Hello Lori Beth! It's a great site and very helpful. I'm new too :) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lori Beth. Your story sounds a lot like mine lately. Here are some good tips I've found:
    -If you can, try getting all of the sugary foods out of the house and buy healthful snacks instead. I know this isn't always easy with a family, but it's worth a shot.
    -Set an eating cut-off time for yourself. Most people's goal is to not eat anything after 8pm.
    -keep a cup of high-fiber cereal nearby at the times cravings usually arrive. Pick at it by hand, try not to chew: eat it slowly.
    -hot herbal tea (without caffeine)
    -brush your teeth after dinner
    -wait 20 minutes after dinner before snacking so that your body can adjust to feeling full

Good luck on your endeavors!
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips! It is hard. Believe it or not, the sugary snacks are not even what I eat! However, all the Christmas candy from the grandma's don't help. I am going to try a few of your suggestions though!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Night time snacking is my problem as well! I usually plan a snack for after dinner so that way I know if I need it, it's there . I usually eat popcorn since you can get low-fat popcorn and you can eat it piece by piece so it's a little more satisfying than a candy bar gone ion 2 bites!. It settles the craving and if I don't end up eating it, I count it as calories saved! :)
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm horribly impressionable when watching tv or even reading, so after dinner if I watch Ace of Cakes I'm wanting anything and everything sweet! It's very hard not to raid my kitchen...I did read somewhere that most cravings only last 10-15mins, so a suggestion they had was to call a friend or find something to distract yourself for a little while and it will likely go away.
  • samurillo
    Options
    Hi! I enjoy a snack around 8:00 so I have been having the Yopliat light yogurt in those desert flavors. They are only 100 calories and satisfy my sweet tooth and I also get calcium too. :)
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    hello and welcome