Favourite Meals?

jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
What are your favourite healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? I'm looking to generate some new ideas :)

Mine are:

Breakfast: Slow cooked steel cut oats w/ fruit & fruit juice

Lunch: A can of tuna (w/ mayo) on top of 2 cups of lettuce

Dinner: Salmon & rice, w/ asparagus

Snack: Apple’s with peanut butter

Replies

• Breakfast: Over Easy eggs with Ham Steak (between 200 and 400 calories depending on serving)

Lunch: Ham and Swiss sandwich on a special whole grain bread, dipped in egg and grilled (365 calories), typically accompanied with yogurt as a side dish (100 calories)

Snack: 5 Trisciuts with 2 tbsp Smart Balance Peanut Butter (300 calories)

Dinner: Baby Shrimp cajun style (salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper), brown rice seasoned with shrimp juice, and asparagus and broccoli (500 calories)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    I love baby carrots with plain greek yogurt as a dip.

Boca or morningstar crumbles cooked with egg beaters and a couple of handfuls of assorted vegetables (zucchini, peppers, red onions--best to sautee the vegetables first and drain off the water, then cook the egg beaters & crumbles 'til done before adding back in the vegetables).

Brown rice mixed with black beans, salsa, plain Greek yogurt.

A big bowl of any vegetable that my mom served when I was a kid -- butter beans, brussels sprouts, etc. I find they're a kind of comfort food, since I associate them with childhood. I like to toss in a bit of crisp-cooked turkey bacon. Sometimes I'll add in brown rice.

Yogurt (vanilla Greek or Dannon Light & Fit vanilla) with extra fruit thrown in.

Popcorn! Air-popped -- I've grown accustomed to eating it completely plain. It's really low calorie for how filling it is, and it's super high in fiber. But it feels like a treat, and it's fun to eat!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Breakfast: Whole wheat English muffin, toasted with 1 hard boiled egg, 1 tbsp light mayo & 1 tbsp light sour cream (mixed together & spread on eggs) sprinkled (lightly) with shredded cheddar are broiled until cheese is melted.

Lunch: Weight watchers smart ones chicken ranchero mini wraps

Dinner: Goolash

Dessert: One hundred calorie Reese's sticks
This discussion has been closed.