Post work out Headaches??

Options
If it has been a while since I have exercised and then I start back up, I get headaches for the first few days, post-work out. Anyone have any inklings as to why this occurs? They go away after a good nights sleep but I want to know why this happens and if there is anything I can do to prevent them.

Replies

• HealthyEscape
    Options
    Try increasing your water intake. Sounds like your body is dehydrated.
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    carefullll you're def. dehydrated!
  • LisaSaysHi
    LisaSaysHi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You could be getting tension headaches from stiff, sore muscles. A warm bath or shower following your workout might help, along with ibuprofen to relax your muscles.
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    Drink lots of water and take an ibuprofin if it's really bad.
  • arp1217
    arp1217 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with everyone else, you need to make sure you take in some more water :) see if that helps!
  • mustang52
    Options
    I've have been experiencing the same thing as well as feeling nauseated until today. Today, I had a light meal and drank some water prior to my work-out, during my workout and after and felt great.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My first thought is that you might not be drinking enough water. And then reading the other posts reassured me that my instincts are not too far off. Anyway, try to hydrate before you workout... a whole glass before you start. It always feels like I need to pee but really I'm sweating enough to not actually need to. Oh and maybe have an electrolyte like gatorade or powerade during will help you rehydrate depending on how much you are sweating and how long your workout.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    You definatly need more water, before, during, and after.