Worried about not eating enough....

Options
Hi, just a little bit of backstory if you don't already know...Just a few days ago I slipped on some ice and snow and broke my ankle and pulled part of my tendon off the bone too. Now, I've been hurting alot, and kind of sick to my stomache and then vomiting since it's happened, so today I've barely put anything into my body. All i've had is a large diet coke from McDonals, and 2 slices of red-baron pizza and 2 8oz glasses of OJ. Not to mention I had to go to a doctors appointment and the drugstore and wal-mart, so i've gotten in quite a workout using my crutches. My worry is that my body will go into "starvation mode" and start pileing on the fat i've been so desperately trying to get rid of. But, the thought of eating just makes me want to throw up again...does anybody have any suggestions?

Replies

• kjames0502
    Options
    Honey, right now with what's going on with your foot, don't worry about how much you are and aren't eating... eat whatever you can manage to keep down and just take it easy until your foot heals... If you gain a little it of weight while on your crutches it's no big deal. You've got to focus on getting better physically before you worry about your diet more...
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    You're not going to go into starvation mode from one day (of even a couple days) of low calories. You have to be consistently under for a while before that happens. Right now just take care of your foot and concentrate on getting better.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any pain medications?
    Did you put anything not processed in your body today?
    I wouldnt worry about "calories" persay but i would try and focus on putting good healthy good in your body when it will allow... like smoothies, and veggies, etc.

I hope you feel better soon sweetie!
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about what happened to you. I hope you take good care of yourself and get better very soon ! I know its easier said than done, but if I were you, I'd really try to not drink your calories. Not only are you NOT eating enough, but what you put in your body was not healthy. Too much sugar.

Ask a friend or a family member for help... ask them to do a bit of grocery shopping for you and have them help you cook. You could cook a large pot of homemade soup ; make sure to add chicken or another source of proteins. Its not 'solid' food yet it's much better than diet coke, pizza and OJ. Good luck and take care of you :flowerforyou:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have cause to be worried over a few days... but guessing that you'll be on crutches for a bit, I agree with the recommendation to eat as healthy as you can and drink some calories. If you are dealing with nausea still, I'd at least go for the non-diet Sprite or ginger ale (which mixes really well with orange juice if you've never tried it!) You can stick with pretty bland stuff that has some more nutritional value -- pasta/rice, fruit, etc.