Hi everyone!

Options
Moop87
Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
Another newbie here. I just found this site today and after looking it over thought it seemed so simple to follow. Plus it's PC friendly to follow for those of us who aren't PC savy. :smile:

A couple years ago I joined WW and weighed in at 216 lbs. I stayed with the program for about 8 months and lost 30 pounds. Even though I still had more weight to lose, I started looking at how much money I was putting into the program. Sure I weighed 30 pounds less and felt great. And what price should you put on your health, but it still bothered me all the $$ that was going into it and decided to quit going. I eventually gained all the weight back.

While I liked the program it got to be so hard for me to follow the points program. Sure, it teaches you portions and what's best to eat,but there is so much involved. Every time I want to eat something I have to grab the calculator, enter all the information and take it from there. That I feel is the biggest issue I had.

From reading some of the things on here, it seems as though it really is that simple as watching your calories.. What a novel concept! :laugh: I also like that even though you go over your caloric count, it will tell you what you will lose or gain if you stay on that count.

I'm going to give it a shot though because this seems like a great site. It seems much more user friendly than some of the other sites I have been to.

I am currently 213.5 pounds. It took a LOT to get me to get on that scale and see where I was tonight! And while it wasn't great, I took a little happiness in the fact that I hadn't gained ALL the weight back. :wink:

I'm hoping to gain some support and maybe even a couple friends along the way while I'm here! :smile:

One thing though.....What do you do when you go over? How do you motivate yourself to start fresh?

Replies

• darlene98
    darlene98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)
  • kimberlyrenee
    Options
    Glad you have joined the party!
  • roxyintx11
    Options
    thank u all good luck to everyone
  • darla48
    darla48 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • akascotty2hotty
    Options
    You get back on the horse! lol I lost 60lbs a couple years back and then slipped when life got in the way. When I finally got back on the horse I had gained 30 lbs...wooo nelly! Take it one day at a time and enjoy the trip and new friends you make a long the way...and keep your $$$!
  • Moop87
    Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

scotty2hotty?! LOL I remember seeing him! Of course it's been a while since I watched that. Is he still around? If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been on the program here?