Looking For Christian Songs to get me going....

Options
I have alot of upbeat christian songs but Im looking for some more I don't listen to most wordly music but I do listen to some country as well. Thanks for anyone that can help. :)

Replies

• melodramababs
    Options
    How about 'Mighty Good Leader' by Audio Adrenaline
  • myrafaith
    Options
    For an upbeat walk, try walking to Jesus Freak or Crank dat Holy Ghost. :happy:
  • Takeahike86
    Takeahike86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like Thousand Foot Krutch..theyre pretty edgy andupbeat. So are your christian pop/punk bands...like Plus One....Relient K. I am sure there are plenty of new groups out ther, I just havent been in the Christian Music scene for a while. :P I bet you could find Christain techno!
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    go to klove.com they give a free itune song everyday (klove is my local christian station)
  • irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Who are some of the groups you like. Sanctus Real is one of my favorites.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    casting crowns, chris tomlin, josh groban, hillsong.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    It's not in the genre of "Contemporary Christian Music" but I like Survivor by Destiny's Child. And Going the Distance by Cake. I don't use worship songs for entertainment so I wouldn't really know what to recommend in that area... but there are lots of clean songs out there to rev up your workouts! :smile:
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    oh, and The Band Perry "if I die young" it's not exactly upbeat but such a beautiful beautiful song and sweet!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    if you like rap there's Lecrae, Flame, Canton Jones, i could name a million as i have them just curious as to your taste
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    if you like rap there's Lecrae, Flame, Canton Jones, i could name a million as i have them just curious as to your taste

Please name some more Christian rap and up tempo gospel songs and artists!! Need to set up more up tempo playlists for my ipod while I walk, and ride the eliptical and bicycle.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    bump to answer when I get a chance to pull up iTunes -- right now, I'll second Reliant K. :)
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    "Oh Happy Day" by Tim Hughes but my worship leader at church sings it much more upbeat, so there may be another artist who does it... Tim Hughes is just the version I have off of WOW Worship.

"Chorus of the Saints" by Revive

Those are just a couple of songs I thought of right off the top of my head that I like.

Bands... Newsboys, Switchfoot

My husband likes Skillet, Pillar, Grits, Kutless.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Anything by Skillet, Haste The Day, As I Lay Dying, Barlow Girl, or Toby Mac!
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    One of THE best Christian workout songs in my opinion is "Shackles" by Mary Mary...if you don't wanna move when you listen to that, there is something wrong. :) Some of my other favorites for workouts are Newsboys, Toby Mac, & Casting Crowns.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I like most hits by my boy Fred Hammond. Men of Standard is good as well. Plus my man J. Moss. All three can be found/heard at most Christian bookstores.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options

Please name some more Christian rap and up tempo gospel songs and artists!! Need to set up more up tempo playlists for my ipod while I walk, and ride the eliptical and bicycle.

hmmm best bet for ipod is to subscribe to the wade-o radio show. he plays alot of that every week. or send me a message and i'll get a list together for you
  • jlc2002
    jlc2002 Posts: 20
    Options
    though previously said, I have to go with Mary Mary and Barlow Girl. Both amazing and offer empowerment to really get you energetic and make you feel like you can do anything!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    If you want something upbeat and hip,

Beckah Shae has a couple tunes that will get you moving "Here in this moment" and "Life".

FEE, "Rise and Sing" or "All because of Jesus"

Remedy Drive "Daylight"

Casting Crowns "Joyful Joyful"

Some all time favorites bands... like everything they have...haha
    David Crowder Band
    Newsboys
    Casting Crowns
    Toby Mac
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Toby Mac has some good upbeat songs. My two favorite for running right now are Tonight and Hey Devil (both on the "Tonight" CD). Oh! And "Funky Jesus Music" has a good beat too!

Also, Flyleaf has some really good, fast songs. Their earliest album has some really good rock on it.

The David Crowder Band's Church Music album has some good stuff on it (Dance is a really good one!) Their song ...Neverending... (Album; Remedy) is a great one too.

Mercy Me has a couple
    Philips Craig and Dean have a couple I like
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I love Israel & the New Breed, Israel Houghton has his own CD as well which I love a bunch of songs on that, and Deitrick Haddon has a few upbeat songs as well.