Best Wii workout game?

Options
Hi everyone, I was just wondering about your opinions were on the Wii fitness/workout games. I have wii fit plus, but I am looking for something more intense and more entertaining.

Any suggestions. I've heard Wii active is good, biggest loser and zumba

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I have Jillian's fitness ultimatum. It is intense if you actually try to match her movements... You earn scores for being accurate in your moves:which is a challenge in itself. ;-D

It uses either the remote or the board... depending out the exercise.
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    I got the AE active sports last year , it is pretty darn good and they have alot of options, kickboxing, dancing moves, sports , running all kinds of stuff and you can do a 30 challenge that is fun, you can customize your player, and your workouts
    have fun !
    Becci
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I haven't hooked up my Wii fit because somebody told me my Mii puffs up like a big, fat, tick. I don't want to see that. I bought EA Sports Active yesterday. I haven't tried it yet. The videos on Amazon looked good.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I kinda agree with sharamia. The Wii Fit is kinda mean. But, if you want some no nonsense, it can help. It'll remind you that you haven't been there and the way to be healthy is to come on often. I also think that the original Wii Fit stuff is kinda boring. Like the walking thing you cant walk faster than the Mii on the screen or it gets mad at you.

I have the Zumba and it's ok, just make sure you have room and can stand far enough back from the tv/sensor bar. I don't know your size, but the Zumba belt is a decent size - I'd say it fits most folk, at least I can get it around my big butt and hips.

I've wanted to check out Just Dance.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with anything but the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus games (yes, my Mii is pleasantly plump, too!:-P). I'm not super-in shape and consider myself pretty much average in that respect, but I can say that the workouts on the Wii Fit are WAY too easy for me. I almost want to laugh out loud when doing the running and aerobics sessions. The only thing I really find challenging are the balance games. I'd say spend your money on something else mentioned here, rather than these two programs.

Shannon
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    There are some things that can benefit you on the Wii fit and Wii fit plus. Things like yoga and the balancing are a big help. Hoola Hoop just kills me on there also. We bought the Just Dance this Christmas. It is a great workout! I can really feel it, especially in my arms. The bonus with Just Dance: up to 4 people can do it at a time. My 3 girls and I can dance together. We get a workout and have a great time!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    There are some things that can benefit you on the Wii fit and Wii fit plus. Things like yoga and the balancing are a big help. Hoola Hoop just kills me on there also. We bought the Just Dance this Christmas. It is a great workout! I can really feel it, especially in my arms. The bonus with Just Dance: up to 4 people can do it at a time. My 3 girls and I can dance together. We get a workout and have a great time!

I forgot about the Hoola Hoop session! That is the FUNNIEST thing on there. Watching my bf do that makes me laugh pretty hard. The boy seriously doesn't understand how to move his hips. hahahaha

Ok, you pushed me over the edge. After the other people talking about JD, I'm going to have to do it!
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser that rocks!!!:glasses:
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just got the Gold's Gym Dance Workout Game for Christmas from my kid brother. Tried it out for the first time tonight! I like it, but you have to hold the wiimote and it doesn't always read my movements. I don't play for the points though, I play for the workout! It also displays the calories burned as you do the activities, but since it doesn't track your heart rate, it isn't very accurate. It told me I only burned 37 calories when my HRM said i burned 146!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I love the Wii EA Active 2. So far its kicked my butt with every work out. I don't use it solely but I do it 4 to 5 times a week in the mornings before work. Each session is between 20 to 30 min
  • babygirl16878
    Options
    I have wanted the Wii Fit forever until I got Zumba for the Wii. I am telling you Zumba rocks! There are different intensity levels. Anyone of them make me sweat my butt off. Rock on Zumba!!!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to do a little more research on this, but there are definitely some great ideas you've posted!