Need a few friends!

Options
Hello!
I have been using MFP for 130 some odd days now, but have never posted the community boards. I read them all the time, but have never posted. I've done great and love the site, but feel like I could use some friends to support and keep me going.
I'm a special education teacher and I am DONE being the heavy one at school! No more! I've lost 50 pounds so far, but I am looking to lose about 50 more.
Please feel free to add me as a friend! I think I'm really encouraging and could use some people who are encouraging as my friends!

Thanks!

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! I just requested your friendship! :flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Julie,
    Good for you 130 days! I'm a speech/language pathologist in early childhood special education. Those snacks at work can really pack the pounds on in a school year. I fluctuate in my weight alot and have been overweight more years than I want to count. I feel the same way that I am tired of being the heavy one at work. I'll friend you to give you support and would appreciate support in return. I'm entering my 3rd week on MFP and like the accountability it is giving me.

Jenny Banta
    Minnesota:smile:
  • SpazEMcGee
    SpazEMcGee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Will friend request! I like to think of myself as encouraging... hopefully everyone else thinks so too. :-/ Great job so far!!

-All my support!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Will send a friend request...never hurts to have more people to encourage us on our journey's!
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Feel free to friend me! I love the message borads! They help me stay accountable.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration! 50lb so far could not have been easy! I'm shifting baby weight and this site is really helping even though I'm only four days in! I lost 21lbs before I came on here and now I want to lose the other 28lb quicker so I'm using this. I love viewing everyones food diaries for tips!!
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss to day. I look forward to being your friend and helping motivate each other! I wanted to be a special education teacher, but went into nursing instead!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far! That's a BIG mountain to get over! I just started using MFP and am loving it! I definitely need others advice, and willing to give any I have! I recently moved to a new state and since I don't have a whole lot of friends here to support me, a few online ones could definitely help us all out right? lol Good luck on the next 50lbs! I have at least 115lbs to lose.... yikes!