Can't fix a broken heart with food.

Options
Ummmm.... don't want to admit this because I was doing great, and not cheating. Had a really achey day, and the first day of my period, hubby a bit down because of somebody asking him about our other daughter that died a couple of years back, :cry: and I did it.... binge ate a lot tonight. Cheese - two types, crackers, 2 puddings, icecream, raisins and an orange. And while I was eating it, I wasn't even enjoying it. :brokenheart: And yes, I feel very sick now and I'm upset with myself for throwing all that hard work out the window. I know I can get back on track tomorrow, but I'd have to do a h*ll of a lot of exercise to make up for it.

Replies

• redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... don't want to admit this because I was doing great, and not cheating. Had a really achey day, and the first day of my period, hubby a bit down because of somebody asking him about our other daughter that died a couple of years back, :cry: and I did it.... binge ate a lot tonight. Cheese - two types, crackers, 2 puddings, icecream, raisins and an orange. And while I was eating it, I wasn't even enjoying it. :brokenheart: And yes, I feel very sick now and I'm upset with myself for throwing all that hard work out the window. I know I can get back on track tomorrow, but I'd have to do a h*ll of a lot of exercise to make up for it.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You're right, you can't fix a broken heart with food. I've learned that this week as well and am trying to get back on track. I know what you mean by not enjoying the food you put in your mouth, then you just feel sick afterwards, I've done the same thing for a week now and can't seem to stop. Guess we'll have to put our best foot out there and just get to it. I'm so sorry for your loss, if I could I would reach over and give you a hug right now. Just know that the rest of us are out here giving you any support that you need.
  • redalee
    Options
    I usually cut my hair when I'm feeling down, as it is almost a form of self-punishment, even though I try to do a good job because I don't want to look bad, I just want to do something to take away the pain. The same with eating I guess. (Can't cut my hair any shorter right now, it's starting to look really good, lol) I was sitting here crying when I typed that first message, and then did feel better after I got it out.
    Yep, try again tomorrow with the best foot. Thanks for the virtual hug.

Andrea (Red)
  • tdroseler
    Options
    Redalee

I would love to say i know how you feel, but i don't...not even close.
    First off, please let me say, i feel incredible sorrow for your loss. No parent should have to suffer that way.

Things have a way of hitting us hardest when we are in that stage of our cycle. This i know about. My world ends about once a month. But yes...we pick ourselves up and carry on tomorrow don't we. Women were made to be wonderful and strong, despite our self beliefs.
    You had the right to feel your emotions...i would only suggest perhaps it is time to find another outlet, besides food. Something you may even enjoy as it helps you heal.

No matter what...i know you will be stronger after a good nights rest.
    We are here for you.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I with TD on this, :frown:
    We are so sorry for your lose.
    Now about the binge thing.
    It was one day. NONE of us gained all of the weight that we are trying to lose in one day. It took months and years to get where we are, and we will not get to where we want to be overnight. Well unless you go the surgery way. But I digress.
    One day of falling off the fitness wagon, does not make yu a failure. It also does not hurt your progress.
    Kick it the next day.
    and Bless you and your family.
    We are all here for you.
    --Diann...:flowerforyou:
  • redalee
    Options
    Thanks for caring. I've dusted myself off today and feel much better. I think the getting a good night's sleep really helped to. So to all of you, back at you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and you probably don't even know it...

Have a great weekend...
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Red, I just saw your new picture and you are BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad you decided to share...
  • Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree. What a stunner:smile:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Andrea:
    Wow -- I do not know what you are feeling, I just know that it is profoundly painful to lose a child. I also understand the need to medicate/subsitute/occupy yourself or in some other way take care of the pain - or at least try to change the focus to something else.

For me, long walks in nature are really theraputic. So maybe the next time instead of opening the fridge, you hop in the shoes and let nature soothe you. Hopefully you have somewhere around where you live that might work for you.

Big hugs and lots of warm energy coming your way:heart: ..... Julie

And yes, I agree with the others, you are so beautiful. What I wouldn't do for those cheekbones instead of my chipmunk cheeks!
  • HURLEEGURL
    Options
    WE ALL GET DOWN A BIT, I KNOW I DO AND I TOO TEND TO BINGE EAT, I WANT TO CRY WHEN I AM PUTTING ALL THAT JUNK IN MY MOUTH AND AT TIMES MY STOMACH HURTS BUT I MA STILL EATING. BTU I THINK YOURE BRAVE YOU ADMITTED TO IT. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION. AND YOU ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL. NOW LETS NOT THINK OF WHAT YOU DID, WE CANT CHANGE THE PAST, BUT JUST LOOK TO THE FUTURE. LIEK YOU SAID DUST OURSELF OFF AND GET BACK TO WORK.