in need of recipe

Options
I need a super easy recipe for fish. getting sick of chicken. if i eat anymore i'm gonna become a chicken.

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Nutritional Value for One Filet:
    Calories: 183.25
    Calories from Fat: 78.5
    Total Fat: 9 g
    Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
    Total Carbs: 2.6 g
    Fiber: 1 g
    Protein: 23 g
    Sodium: 153 mg
    Cholesterol: 57 mg Sugar: 0.2 g
    Tosca’s Keep-It-Tight Tilapia

YIELD: 4 servings
    PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
    COOKING TIME: 10 minutes

Satisfy your taste buds and set your metabolism on fire with this delicious recipe! Cayenne, ginger and mustard are three ingredients that help you burn fat just by eating them!

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup / 60 ml best-quality olive oil
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml paprika
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml ginger
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ground black pepper
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml dried mustard
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml oregano
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
    • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
    • 4 tilapia filets, thawed

Preparation

1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF/ 205ºC. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2. In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
    3. Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
    4. Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
    5. Bake for 10 minutes.
  • KevKidd
    KevKidd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I buy these single portion skinless, boneless salmon fillets. I season them with Mrs Dash and pan sear them in a pan sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. They cook up pretty quick, and is a tasty change from chicken all the time I eat this with a serving of brown or white rice and a vegi and salad.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Nutritional Value for One Filet:
    Calories: 183.25
    Calories from Fat: 78.5
    Total Fat: 9 g
    Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
    Total Carbs: 2.6 g
    Fiber: 1 g
    Protein: 23 g
    Sodium: 153 mg
    Cholesterol: 57 mg Sugar: 0.2 g
    Tosca’s Keep-It-Tight Tilapia

This sounds delicious :flowerforyou:

YIELD: 4 servings
    PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
    COOKING TIME: 10 minutes

Satisfy your taste buds and set your metabolism on fire with this delicious recipe! Cayenne, ginger and mustard are three ingredients that help you burn fat just by eating them!

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup / 60 ml best-quality olive oil
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml paprika
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml ginger
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ground black pepper
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml dried mustard
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml oregano
    • 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
    • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
    • 4 tilapia filets, thawed

Preparation

1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF/ 205ºC. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2. In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
    3. Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
    4. Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
    5. Bake for 10 minutes.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Do you eat dark meat chicken? My hubby doesn't care for it but I like it because it actually has a flavor. It's good to throw some boneless/skinless thighs in the meal plan once in a while to mix things up. Rachel Ray seems to cook them a lot.

For a while we were doing a pan-seared mahi mahi with zesty basil butter (you might want to cut out some of the butter and possibly replace it with extra lemon juice and reduce the amount of olive oil used in the pan):
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/seared-mahi-mahi-with-zesty-basil-butter-recipe/index.html

I like to have couscous as a side dish with fish. Make sure if you're working with frozen ones to pat them really dry with a paper towel so you can get the best sear possible.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fish, but I made this for my dad and he loved it! Take a piece of tin foil (enough to make a tent around the fish) and spray it with cooking spray. Place a piece of white fish in the middle of the tin foil and cut up veggies (I used peppers, onions and zucchini) or whatever you'd like in it. Drizzle with lemon juice or use lemon slices and if you desire, drizzle white wine over as well (water can be substituted for wine) and season with whatever herbs and spices you like. Seal up tin foil to make a tent around the bundle making sure all edges are sealed so it can steam itself. Put it on a baking sheet in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes. I hope this helps! I think I used this recipe and altered it to make it a little healthier and used the ingredients I had and knew my dad liked.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger-/flounder-and-vegetable-parcels-recipe/index.html

Happy cooking!
  • davish28
    Options
    I spray some pam in a fying pan and cook a catfish fillet with some cajun seasoning. Serve with brown rice and a little dash of RedHot sauce. mmmm
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    Italian Style Bread Crumbs, 1/4 cup (30g)
    Fish, Mahi Mahi,
    Parsley - Raw, 1 tbsp
    Add Ingredient
    Cooking Spray

I buy the packages of individual frozen Mahi Mahi from Wal-Mart, but any fish you prefer would work. Combine the parsley and bread curmbs, put the crumbs on top of fish and spray with a bit of Cooking Spray so it will brown a bit. Cook as package directs. This is super simple, and out of this world.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I always keep a bag of frozen salmon fillets in the freezer, individually wrapped.

Microwave from frozen in 5 minutes. You can add a splash of white wine, or a few lime slices, or a scattering of capers, while it's cooking.

Lovely served with a big green salad, or a veg-rice mix.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen salmon fillets. They're super easy - I just put them in a glass dish, add some seasoned salt, course ground pepper and sometimes a tiny dash of red pepper, then put the oven on broil and put them directly under the flame. I put them in upside down, then flip them halfway through. You can tell they're done when they turn flaky and a bit drier. They're delicious!