I'm not starving myself, but I'm always hungry?

Options
I have 6months until my wedding day and I'm trying to get healthy and fit before then. I eat at least 1500 calories worth of food a day and I have been working out for at least an hour 4 days a week. I'm 150 lbs, I have been feeling much healthier since I started working out 3 weeks ago but I haven't lost any weight? Any suggestions???? Please help, I'm on a deadline/ wedding line

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Is your question why am I always hungry or why aren't I losing weight? You didn't say how long you've been at it. It may be that you're losing fat and gaining muscle, in which case the scale won't move. Have you been measuring or taking pictures?
  • ssawchenko
    Options
    Pretty much what schpanks said, there will be a period where your fat is turning into muscle, so you won't see much of a weight difference, which is where the measurements come in handy.

As for always feeling hungry, often items with fat (the good kind!) and protein can make you "feel" more full. So then it depends not on how much you're eating, but more so what you are eating. I have read that protein shakes and eggs are a good thing to have in the morning as they will keep you feeling full for longer.

ps. Congrats on your wedding! I am also working towards a wedding dress goal :)
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I agree that we need some additional information before really being able to help you. Would you feel comfortable opening your food diary to us? If not, you can add me as a friend and I'd be happy to give you my opinion about what changes I would make.
  • Weazol
    Weazol Posts: 2
    Options
    is the 1500 calories counting the calories you eat back from working out?
    If not then you can lower that.

I eat 1400 calories a day and if I work out then I will eat back what I lost. I am steadily losing weight.

Also how close are you to your goal. Those last few pounds can be the hardest.
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    I was told people stall progress in the 2nd or 3 week and then drop again after. Not sure how true it is, but I do know, keeping at it only result in losing fat, gaining Muscle, and feeling Great!!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Well if it's hunger that's the problem, it would help to know what you're eating to get those 1500 calories per day. If you're eating high-calorie foods, then your intake will be less to keep under 1500/day. For example, if your lunch was 1/2c. of fettuccine alfredo or something like that - your calories will add up quickly. However, if you are eating 5 x 300-calorie meals a day and are still hungry all the time, I don't know what to suggest. It'll be easier to help if you make your diary public.
  • ynkeecajun
    ynkeecajun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water, eat more fruits and veggies, cut out obvious "demons" like alcohol and sweets even if they are fitting into your calorie count. Change up your work outs. Mix it up - e.g., weights, different cardio workouts like swimming, walking, jogging, elliptical training, stair master, cycling, etc. Fitness classes like aerobics, yoga, pilates, or classic exercise routines you can do at home like lunges, squats, jump rope, jumping jacks, push-ups, etc. Weigh yourself only once a week at the same time and take measurements as well. Pounds are not the only measurement that shows results. Additionally, feeling healthy is a measurement that is underrated. Don't get too caught up in the scale for your measurement of success. There are other ways to know if you are on the right track. Good luck.
    Believe me when I say that looking back on my wedding pictures from 16 years ago, weight is not the indication of what a beautiful day it was. Remember what is really important here.

Congratulations and Good Luck!
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    sara_m83 is right. Actually everyone is right!!! LoL! But if you make your diary public, you can get more help.