my dilema

Options
Here I go again today I went to do my workout and I just wasnt as into it as I normally am. I dont know why the whole time I was saying i dont want to do this i dont want to do this. but I did it anyway because I know I need to. anyone know what i can do to keep myself on track and not get discouraged or loose my motivation?

Replies

• gn4gd
    gn4gd Posts: 6
    Options
    Maybe it's time to change the workout. Try something new. Best of luck.
  • lmanzi219
    lmanzi219 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know for me the most excited I am for a workout is when I have a new playlist/songs on my ipod. Try adding some new songs!!!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I get discouraged easily all the time, so i try to make exercise fun- I bought a hula hoop, a skipping rope and i hit the pool at least twice a week. I don't even do a particular stroke i just get myself from one end to the other, somehow. Sometimes I just throw some music on a dance around to it. :smile:
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    The best way for me to keep pushing forward is to remind myself that it is just 45-60 min of not wanting to do something and doing it anyways and knowing I will be happy I did it and done as opposed to the whole day of regretting not doing it, and wishing I had just pushed myself.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    The best way for me to keep pushing forward is to remind myself that it is just 45-60 min of not wanting to do something and doing it anyways and knowing I will be happy I did it and done as opposed to the whole day of regretting not doing it, and wishing I had just pushed myself.
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    i don't have a gym membership and i'm soooo terrible at working on machines. this works for others quite well. but i just require more interaction and motivation.

check out local gyms in ur area, look up their class offerings and call the gym for a free trial membership. most will also throw in a personal training session. hit up various locations to keep it interesting and to really vet all the locations til u find one you really like. :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree with others about trying something new. You will not do something you don't enjoy doing. Find something you enjoy and do it. Mix it up and enjoy it. You will find yourself looking forward to it. For me it's doing anything outside with my family like hiking, biking, plaing frisbee, catch or anything else like that.

Hope that helps.
  • ynkeecajun
    ynkeecajun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enlist a friend to work out with, walk with, take a class with, etc. Sometimes, just enlisting family to a simple outing: walk the mall, the track at the gym, play around in the pool at the local Y, etc.

I hate working out so I have to make it a challenge or an exciting event with friends or family.

Do small exercises during commercials while watching your favorite tv shows: buy inexpensive free weights (3 or 5 lb. weights) and do arm exercises on the floor of your living room only during commercials of your favorite tv shows. Do scissor kicks or leg raises on the floor. If you live in a 2 story house, bring folded laundry to upstairs bedrooms, one item at a time. Run to the mailbox to check your mail. While walking around your house doing daily chores, do it in lunges. Stretch before or after your morning shower. Do wall sits randomly throughout the day (or evening, if you work outside the home during the day.)

The key is finding ways to work in extra exercises into your daily life without making it a "drudgery"
  • flossicle
    Options
    Variety is key. If i spend too long just doing the 1 type of thing i get soooo boreddd..so i go to zumba classes, i bike, i cross train, i walk and i swim and if my other 1/2 ever get the punch bag up i'll be boxing too.. doing different things definately keeps me motivated and i look forward to my next work out! Also if ya doing it @ home, say on a bike, watch tv to take ya mind off what ya actually doing, works a treat for me :wink:
  • jsnyder7087
    Options
    thanks alot guys this really helped and something great that happened at work tonite my friend cathe told me she can tell im loosing weight by my face!!! so happy
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey there G! I know I have the same problem... I have learned that on the game we play, I really like doing to yoga. So some days I sill do my dreaded cardio 20 min stuff and reward myself with soe nice light Yoga. I do agree with everyone else, sometimes ya just gotta switch it up a bit to that you dont get bored.

Same goes with eating... switch it up, dont get stuck eating the same foods because they are lower calorie! you will get bored with food.

I know how you feel about noticing it in your face. that is were you can tell on me first also. It always feels good if someone actualy can tell you have been working your a@@ off! Miss ya!
  • cajgallagher
    Options
    I pretend that I am on the biggest loser... everyone is watching me and I can't be the one who quits first!! I HATE TO EXERCISE!! I have to find some incentive on the INSIDE... :happy:
  • jsnyder7087
    Options
    hey thanks jess I miss you too work is not as fun without you!!!!! And caj that's not a bad idea I might have to try that next time I work out