HRM connectivity problems

Options
Dom_m
Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
Hi all,

Recently my hrm has been having problems finding my heart rate. It worked perfectly for almost a year until the batteries started to die, so I swapped those (both wrist watch and chest strap), but there are still occasions where the watch and chest strap don't seem to be communicating with each other.

Have other people had this problem? Do I need to replace the chest strap?

Thanks.

D

Replies

• Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I find my HRM works better if I put a little bit of water underneath it. So when I put it on, I get my fingers a little wet and rub the water on my skin beneath the HRM. This almost always eliminates the problem for me.
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    I have been having similar problems, Mine connects, but then disconnects momentarily several times during a work out which is really frustrating. I haven't even had it that long either.

I heard waterbased gels etc. work well, but even then the same issue occurs. I find even when I stand still that's when it seems to drop out of connection the most... like I don't have a heart rate?

Very strange. AND ANNOYING!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem from time to time and yes, it's very annoying! And I know that I was working out hard! I would try the water thing too during my workout but sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

Plus, I found that my chest strap would slip down sometimes while I was jumping, not a lot but enough to not get a reading and I would have to tighten it throughout.

I recently purchased a BodyMedia and am thrilled with it! No more chest strap and more accurate readings!

Deb
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Problem solved :)

Turns out I should've re-read the instructions a bit more carefully since this problem is in the trouble shooting section.

I just had to re-pair the two devices.