Help...such a fussy eater!

Options
I do fine when it comes to breakfast and lunches but am totally stumped when it comes to meal times.

I am a bit of a fussy eater, not keen on a lot of fish (like tuna, cod, haddock) or vegetables (like carrot and turnip) and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me?

Cheers

Lisa

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of fish either. I like some veggies but more fruites. My diary is public if you want to check it out to see if anything looks appealing to you.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm a little fussy myself. Grilled chicken is always good. There are so many things you can do with chicken. Turkey burgers (instead of beef) are a good option too.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I to have a hard time and my diet is mostly the same all the time with a little mix up here and there.i do alot with ground turkey and chicken,burgers ,meatloaf,tacos,anything you can do with red meat you can do with those.(not big on veggies either):bigsmile:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Chicken is always easy, lean beef, pork loin or pork chops are good options. I make those every week, but I do try to usually add in fish 1-2x per week b/c of the heart benefits and it's so high in protein for being relatively low in fat & cals. It's all in how you prepare it I think! I love my fish lightly breaded in some whole wheat breadcrumbs & seasonings and then pan fried in a bit of olive oil. This way the whole family eats it!

Most of our dinners include a salad to get in extra green. I often serve broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, gtreen beans, sweet potatoes, squash, etc... In the summer I do fresh corn on the cob a lot or really just anything fresh in our CSA basket or from the farmers market! Just push yourself to try new things, b/c you may surprise yourself. I never really loved beets, but I now make a roasted veggie dish w/ potatoes, carrots, beets & broccoli and it's awesome!