60 LBS TO LOOSE

Options
OOPS....that should say "LOSE"....sorry, I'm going on not even 4 hours of sleep, lol

Hey everyone

I'm sure there are threads out there with this topic, but I wanted to start my own anyway and maybe find people who want to join me who haven't jumped on the other threads in the beginning and wanted to.

My big GOAL (not a a NY resolution, because really resolutions are rarely met) is to lose 60 lbs this year. I'm 28 and I weigh 210 lbs (started the year at 214, so I'm 4 lbs into my goal already!). I'd like to get down to 150 (I'm 5'8" and I was 150 a few years back, and looking back, it seemed like a good weight for me).

I'm looking for anyone who also has this goal for themselves for this year and I'm hoping to form a support team. If you are interested, let me know! Feel free to add me as a friend as well :) That's probably the easiest way to show support for each other.

Replies

• 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    OOPS....that should say "LOSE"....sorry, I'm going on not even 4 hours of sleep, lol

Hey everyone

I'm sure there are threads out there with this topic, but I wanted to start my own anyway and maybe find people who want to join me who haven't jumped on the other threads in the beginning and wanted to.

My big GOAL (not a a NY resolution, because really resolutions are rarely met) is to lose 60 lbs this year. I'm 28 and I weigh 210 lbs (started the year at 214, so I'm 4 lbs into my goal already!). I'd like to get down to 150 (I'm 5'8" and I was 150 a few years back, and looking back, it seemed like a good weight for me).

I'm looking for anyone who also has this goal for themselves for this year and I'm hoping to form a support team. If you are interested, let me know! Feel free to add me as a friend as well :) That's probably the easiest way to show support for each other.
    I have a goal to lose 100 lbs. Im 29 and 300 (was 315 when i started MFP january 1st). Ideally I'd like to be around 215-225.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this new journey! Feel free to add me if you need some friends for support!
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey, similar goal for me. Started at 205 a week or so ago, my aim is fo 160 initially, then ideally 145-150 in the end! One step at a time though I think!
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    I am also 210 and my goal is 145. I have lost 1 pound so far and won't weigh in again until Friday. I think on here it has my aim for 160 to start with. I am 5'3" inches so around the 135-140 is supposed to be ideal. I agree with louisee294 its one step at a time.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options

Hey everyone

I have a goal to lose 100 lbs. Im 29 and 300 (was 315 when i started MFP january 1st). Ideally I'd like to be around 215-225.

Wow! That's very ambitious! I'm glad you added me :) And that's amazing that you've lost 15 lbs already!
  • Chelij
    Options
    @louisee294 and steampunkgirl....

Definitely! One step at a time. My first mini-goal is 20 lbs by my birthday in April :) Then after that I'll see where my next step will be. If I don't make it to 20 lbs by then, I won't be completely disappointed, but I'm hoping to be close!

I'm having a bit of a problem with losing weight. I started with a pretty good regimen back in August (P90X, then quit around day 45 because it wasn't for me, but then started a hybrid of two other beachbody programs) and I've lost about 8 lbs (started off at 218 back then). I'm getting to the point where I really think my hormones are messed up (saw the dr the other day, now i need some blood tests done). I'm hoping that regardless of any issues I might have that I can still get to my goal with some hard, determined work! (without killing myself obviously!).

I'm glad to have you as friends on here :)
  • odaatsue
    Options
    Yes - I'd like to lose 60 pounds - cut them loose, I say! :happy:

My highest weight was 205, I started MFP three weeks ago at just under that.

I have this "idea" that I'd like to weigh 135. I don't know how reasonable that is....but I'm sure as I zero in on it I'll find the happy place.

Count me in!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options

Hey everyone

Wow! That's very ambitious! I'm glad you added me :) And that's amazing that you've lost 15 lbs already!
    Thanks! That is basically from my food intake change. I have yet to really start "exercising"
  • Chelij
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last few days, but I've been only logging on via my iphone, and there is no forum access that way.

Anyway, I'm just curious, what are you doing to lose that 60 or so lbs? Are you exercising? Dieting? Just being mindful of what you eat?

If you are exercising or dieting, what program(s) are you following?

Currenly, I'm on the last phase of Beachbody's ChaLEAN Extreme (CLX) program. I LOVE LOVE LOVE CLX! Really, I just love Chalene Johnson, the fitness guru behind it. I'm doing a hybrid program of CLX and one of Chalene's other programs, TurboFire. I love TF even more. SO fun!

(*note: I'm not a beachbody coach....this is just my personal endorsement. I really DO love the program. If you do want to get in contact with a coach to try any of these programs, I can refer you to mine....and no, I don't get anything out of that, lol).

Other than that, I'm also working on tracking my food intake. Right now my budget is 1620 calories/day. I usually eat a lot of my exercise calories back (because I'm not looking for FAST weight loss, I'm looking for weight loss that will STICK!). Do you guys/gals eat your exercise calories back?

So far, since I really started working hardcore on my fitness and weight loss I've lost about 5 lbs. I have a goal of 20 lbs lost by my birthday in April, and a 60 lbs loss total in the year 2011. So, I only have 15 lbs left to lose by my bday :) I'm pretty excited!

Anyway, share with me what you can, and hopefully we can keep each other accountable!