Green Tea

Options
Hiya, ive just started drinking green tea. And waas woundering if it has helped any1 of you with you weight loss ?
And also can i log it as a glass of water as it has no cals ?

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You can actually find it under green tea, I personally don't count my teas as water because some of them contain caffeine depending on the type. I decided to go with tea in lieu of coffee as I am a cream and sugar lover and I figure I'm saving about 100-150 calories a day, which certainly can't hurt over the long run! Enjoy!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    it has no calories but is more dehydrating then water. I drink lots of tea and i find I'm less hungry.. but be sure to drink a lot of water too or you will get dehydrated
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I drink decaf green tea.

I count it as water
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I drink chai green tea and it has two calories a teabag. It really helps me when I'm craving hot chocolate. It also fills me up when I'm "bored-hungry" and not legitimately hungry. Plus it makes me feel cozy when it's cold and snowy outside! :happy:
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    ITs not a magic drink. Drinking Green tea helps with many things. It may help aid in the proccess of weight loss along with other wonderful health benifits. Don't drink just for the thought process of weight loss but think of it as a add helthy benifit to your lifestyle.

PS I love Green tea. I am drinking Mint green tea to help with my cold. Heck I can drink a pot a day by myself
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I drink chai green tea and it has two calories a teabag. It really helps me when I'm craving hot chocolate. It also fills me up when I'm "bored-hungry" and not legitimately hungry. Plus it makes me feel cozy when it's cold and snowy outside! :happy:

I Love Chai green tea bags too. I find also drinking a glass or two of decaffinated tea at night helps with cravings. Vanilla chai or peppermint work well
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    There was an article in time magazine about a recently published study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. This one study claims that tea is better for you and more hydrating than water. Take from it what you will, I am just posting it for interest's sake!

http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/14/study-tea-is-healthier-than-water/
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice. i started drinking green tea as my friend suggested it t for my skin as i was saying i had noticed my skin was better now im drinking water she is a total health freak and drinks a lot of both..

i to am i coffee lover the best is home made with ground beans,hazlenut syrup,milk and whiped cream- omg this is my treat .

i think im going to get my hands on some decaf aswell next time im at asda.