Big Mac in a bowl

Options
Hi, new here, but had to share in case you haven't seen this one.

One of my vices is the McDonald's burger. I break diets all the time with a cheeseburger for instance.
My wife brought this idea home couple days ago - not sure where it came from, but it was mondo tasty and really hit the spot.
Now, there is no cheese or bun in this combo - but it comes in under 300 cals a plate.
You assemble the ingredients like a Chili salad. Lettuce, burger, onions, pickles, dressing.
I am not sure of the world wide availability of the Walden Farms dressings, but hey are a little miracle, as they have no cals, carbs or sugar.

5oz extra lean ground beef, browned
2 cups romaine lettuce, bite sized
diced onions
chopped dill pickles
Walden Farms Thousand island dressing

- serves 1 - around 282 cals (almost all from the beef)

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OMG! I must try this. the big mac is one of my favorites!!!
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic idea. Gotta try it. Thanks.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    WOAH!!! I am definitely trying this!!! I would probably substitute ground turkey for the beef though. But I guess if you use a super lean ground beef it wouldn't be as big of a deal though.

Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I bet you could change this to extra lean ground turkey and add some cheese and still be around 325!!! Sounds good!
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    thank you!!! will have to try it as well. i LOVE big macs! XD
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing! :tongue:
  • Beffers123
    Options
    There is an awesome recipe that Devin Alexander did for Good Morning America...he did a Big Mac Makeover. It tastes just like a Big Mac all for about 310 calories!! Awesome recipe...just though I'd throw that out there for all you Big Mac fan :) You can find the recipe on this website http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=1892372&page=1 ( it's kind of long or I would have posted the recipe myself! )
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You should pop this one into recipes, and they are avaliable to all it will be there :) ! Sounds delicious!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • arking04
    arking04 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you :)