A nice dinner for 2

Options
lilmandy89
lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
Okay so I want to cook a nice dinner for me and my fiance next friday, just looking for some Ideas for a nice meal to be served with some wine, not to concerened about calories, i'll just eat really good the rest of the day and exercise.

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Okay so I want to cook a nice dinner for me and my fiance next friday, just looking for some Ideas for a nice meal to be served with some wine, not to concerened about calories, i'll just eat really good the rest of the day and exercise.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. So many choices!!

How about:

---home made beef or chicken or shrimp fajitas
    --or some nice pasta sauteed with some great seasonings with chicken or shrimp
    --stuffed chicken breasts--(my husband's favorites!). Take Perdue thin Fit-N-Easy Chicken breasts, roll up with some cheese (I use Swiss or Cheddar) and some pre-cooked broccoli. Roll lightly in bread crumbs mixed with a little Parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or so until they're done! They're great!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Check out the grilled chicken thighs recipe I just posted under recipes! HAHAHA! Good for this time of year!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I would suggest to either "go green" and make him a vegan or at the very least veggie meal, a friend of mine told me about a delicious sounding black bean and quinoa salad(canned beans she said but Im the dry bean fan less sodium) the beans quinoa a little olive juice, a tiny bit of cumin, some cilantro(fresh) and some fresh squeezed lemon and some black pepper. would make a wonderful start to a meal and it has everything healthy for you, from protien fiber healthy carbs omega 3's

or take his fave meal and "slim it down" either way, he should appreciate the effort. I always take convos like this with a grain of salt cause for me a nice dinner really is a days work for me(but I love giving my pro words of encouragement!!!)
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    No offence to Wolf:flowerforyou:

But you can't go wrong with red meat and men. They just love it! I would do a surf and turf menu. I'd start off with crab cakes for an appitezer, super easy to make. Then a nice salad, then steak and some sort of potatos. You can make it more fancy, but all the men i know love the basics.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti has always been a winner in my book!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

But you can't go wrong with red meat and men. They just love it! I would do a surf and turf menu. I'd start off with crab cakes for an appitezer, super easy to make. Then a nice salad, then steak and some sort of potatos. You can make it more fancy, but all the men i know love the basics.

That reminds me--my hubby said that the "deal-sealer" for him was when we were dating and I cooked him steak and home-made mashed potatoes for dinner! :love:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

I know they love red meat hell they eat anything you put in front of them. I do like the idea of surf and turf...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My bf and I just bought a big boneless hunk of lamb...packed with protein and fairly low in fat at 6g fat and 28g protein per 4oz cooked. We're going to make that with some seasoned veggies, yum! Your appetizer could be something like a few pieces of caprese (buffalo mozzarella on a slice of tomato with basil and a light sprinkle of olive oil...mozzarella is about 8g fat and 9g protein per oz, but you don't need an entire ounce on one slice of tomato). Then for dessert do a fruit salad. You could easily finish that meal with 14g fat, 37g protein, and varying carbs depending on what fruit you use.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I had grilled chicken, sauteed spinach, cracked pepper & cayenne..mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm good for dinner tonight.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    check out allrecipes.co, they have tons of recipes and a collection of date recipes I believe, i sware by them.:flowerforyou:
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    Salmon marinated in soy and maple syrup, barbeque.

Salad: Baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, shredded carrots, gorgonzola; with Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar

Ciabatta loaf wrap in foil and warm on upper grill of barbaque, dip in olive oil and balsamic.

Dessert: 2 Trader Joe's Chocolate Bon Bons and fresh strawberries

I just did that Sunday night and easily stayed within my calories. I did a bit of excercise though.