Stretch Marks

Options
Being as though I gained the majority of my weight in puberty I have had stretch marks for as long as I can remember. You know, in all the typical places - thighs, chest, etc. But I've gained about 15 pounds over the last year and thus created new stretch marks (nice bright pink ones) right in the middle of my stomach. Ick.

I know there are tons of home remedies out there. Has anyone tried anything that ACTUALLY worked? I'd like to alteast attack the new ones on my abs before they get too bad. Thanks!

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Being as though I gained the majority of my weight in puberty I have had stretch marks for as long as I can remember. You know, in all the typical places - thighs, chest, etc. But I've gained about 15 pounds over the last year and thus created new stretch marks (nice bright pink ones) right in the middle of my stomach. Ick.

I know there are tons of home remedies out there. Has anyone tried anything that ACTUALLY worked? I'd like to alteast attack the new ones on my abs before they get too bad. Thanks!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't know about home remedies but I've used Save My Skin (sold by Pure Romance). My 23 year old stretch marks are gone. It worked wonders!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    there was a post about bio-oil? look it up.. heard it works. haven't tried it yet though...

i hate mine! my son totally stretched out my tummy... and my mama told me not to scratch! :indifferent:
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    where did you get that cheermom? 23 yr old stretch marks are gone completely or just look better??
    I'm getting excited now, maybe there is hope!! lol
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't know about home remedies but I've used Save My Skin (sold by Pure Romance). My 23 year old stretch marks are gone. It worked wonders!
    where can we get this???? I have some serious gouges from losing wt they are icky.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    where did you get that cheermom? 23 yr old stretch marks are gone completely or just look better??
    I'm getting excited now, maybe there is hope!! lol

Really. You can hardly tell. Mine were still 'pink.' The lighter they are (white marks), the less chances of them going away completely, but even those were greatly minimized. It was the best money I ever spent.

I don't think we're allowed to advertise, but I actually sell Pure Romance products. Check out www.pureromance.com and look under beauty products. I highly recommend this stuff, although from previous forums, I understand that bio-oil is good too.
  • MrsHutch
    MrsHutch Posts: 4
    Options
    I think I may have to check that out. My 10lb baby stretched the living daylights outta my tummy. Never thought you could have so many stretch marks in one place...He's now a year old and nothing has helped...gonna have to try this one too...hehe
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've been using Bio-Oil on my stretch marks, and my husband noticed that my stretch marks were going away. If my husband can notice, it must work.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I've been using Bio-Oil on my stretch marks, and my husband noticed that my stretch marks were going away. If my husband can notice, it must work.

That must be good stuff.....If a husband noticed...I have been meaning to go out and pick some of that up.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's called a plastic surgeon...
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    It's called a plastic surgeon...

LOL.. I'm called "poor college student"
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    me too. or rather, just graduated! and hope to save!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    As I look down at my disgusting marks, I have come to the realization that they will NEVER go away. They may lighten with products, but my skin is literally stretched. My stretch marks are 1/2 to 1 centimeter wide. And I have (vertical) about 20 across and I can't even tell you how many horizontal (about 6 inches across) right down the middle! there is no m agic in ANY bottle that's gonna make them go away. I don't even think a tummy tuck would work at this point. Unless they pull so tight my boobs hand in front of my crotch!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Because the only decent skin in the front of my body is my chest!
    I do have BioOil and am putting it on, along with cocoa butter lotion. It's psychological. But, if I do see any difference, I'll let you know!
    p.s. also had stretch marks since puberty (remember a guy asking me what those marks are on your chest? at 12, my answer.... oh?,... my cat scratched me!):laugh: :laugh:
    And I also had 2 pregnancies, 10 & 11 pounders!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would just disappear.
  • cwjett
    Options
    I wish.... but plastic surgery can't do anything to get rid of stretch marks unless you have a tummy tuck that is actually going to cut off the skin. I don't like the ones on my hips and thighs!
    I have been using the bio oil and i haven't noticed any difference! :sad:
    maybe i will try this new product
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    Nothing helps em but time.

Some products "speed up" the process for some people. IMO it's just your body having a mild allergic reaction, like a burn.

Anyway.

I'm having a tummy tuck in *hopefully* December why you all are celebrating your Christmas!!

:blushing:
  • cwjett
    Options
    congrats Maverick! You will like your results, tough recovery but worth it! I work for a plastic surgeon and we don't have too many people say that it was a waste of money!! lol Most people are really glad they did it! :flowerforyou:
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    :drinker:

Yup. Who wants a butt in front? He he he!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Nothing helps em but time.

Some products "speed up" the process for some people. IMO it's just your body having a mild allergic reaction, like a burn.

28 years of "time" under my belt and four children-two ten pounders and bio oil made a HUGE difference in less than a week. The stuff is great. No sunburn here-just severly stretched skin.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    when i got pregnant with my first child 7.5 years ago, i got so much stretch mark. then i had my second one, and recently had my third children 11 months ago. but i've noticed that my stretch aren't as bad anymore, and it's actually getting lighter without doing anything.