Pennsylvania momma looking for support

Options
Hey, I am new to this website. I heard about it from my mother-in-law and just joined last night. I live in Curwensville, PA and I am looking for support. Hoping to find some people in the area trying to loose weight. Maybe we can get together for workouts! Its always harder for me to skip workouts when I know someone is waiting for me. Anyway, I am a mother of 2, my oldest is 4 years and my youngest is 11 months. I gained 50 lbs in my first pregnancy and it took me two years to get it all off. Well I no sooner than lost all the weight and I became pregnant with my 2nd child. I ended up gaining 35lbs during my second pregnancy. I have about 15lbs to loose to get back to my pre-baby weight but I just can't seem to shed those last pounds. I work full time, take care of my babies when I'm not working and I take online college courses so between the three I haven't found the time to workout. Although its a new year and time for a new start. My new motto is: No one is going to make time for my workouts if I don't! I'm looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Replies

• mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm in PA too! sorry, have to go be with the kiddos, but wanted to let you know! friend me and we can chat! I'm all for support!!!!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Welcome and I hope I can help! :flowerforyou:
  • AzizaBell
    Options
    well i can't work out with you, but i'd love to support you - and get your support in return - in this challenge.
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Bucks County. I'm not sure where you live??? Anyway, even if we can't exercise together, feel free to friend me. We can at least offer support!
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I live in Ohio so we can not exercise together but feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other along the way. Good luck.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs in my first pregnancy and it took me two years to get it all off. Well I no sooner than lost all the weight and I became pregnant with my 2nd child. I ended up gaining 35lbs during my second pregnancy. I have about 15lbs to loose to get back to my pre-baby weight but I just can't seem to shed those last pounds.
    Right there with you, this site got me 7 pounds under my original goal with proper portions... You're going to love it!
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is only my 2nd full week here and this site is pretty great! I'm a mom w/ 3 kids, full time job, and my fiancee and I work split shifts which leaves me alone w/ all the kids every evening which often feels like being a single mom quite often. I live right next door.... in OH, unfortunately not quite close enough to workout together, but we can support each other. I'll send a friend request.

:happy:
  • angelmuss
    Options
    Hello! I am from the State College area. I am glad you are here. We don't live close enough to work out, but we are all here to support you. I know how hard it is being a mommy! I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I work full time.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas, but support from afar can be helpful too. Add me as friend if you like.
  • babygirl16878
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their encouraging words and offers of support. I look forward to sharing our weight loss goals and failures. Together we can do this!
  • brittk70
    brittk70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi All-
    I too am a newbie looking for motivation and support!. I live in MD so I can't work out with you but I am looking for 'friends" on this website (not sure how to do that) who will monitor my progress (help keep me honest) and I can do the same for them.

I joined about 2 weeks ago. I haven't lost any weight...the major thing this website has done for me is make me realize just how many calories I eat, where they are coming from and when/where I tend to really binge. Over the last 6mo I have actually lost about 10lbs. Mainly b/c I started exercising. But I am stuck, stuck, stuck and actually struggling to maintain that 10lbs weight loss, let alone lose 20 more. I need to reduce my caloric intake and get honest about what I am stuffing my face with. I also need to step it up in the activity dept. now.

Oh, btw....I am 40yrs old, work PT as an RN and have 2 little boys (age 3yrs and 20mo). I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Gaining and losing 20lbs over and over. But my age, becoming a mom, my thyroid giving up on me has made it harder than ever before. I want to get off this rollercoaster once and for all, ya know.

Please feel free to friend me....and let me know if I can friend you....accept I am not sure how :) ha.

Thanks for reading,
    Britt