New to MFP

Options
I found MFP in December as an app for my phone and absolutely LOVE it...
I am an athlete that eats good healthy food, but portion size has been always been a challenge. With MFP always near me it has been amazing loging in my consumption. I am looking to lose 18 lbs...already lost 4 since joining MFP.
If anyone wants to help me on my journey to a fitter me, please add me as a friend :happy:

Replies

• rcoulte
    Options
    I just joined MFP this week. I found it the same way you did. So far, I absolutely love it. I have never been one to track my intake before, but this program makes it really easy. I am not nearly as athletic as I would like to (and KNOW I can be!). It sounds like you will reach your goal in a very short time! I am 144lbs currently and 5' 5(1/2)". My goal is to drop down to around 120-130. I am not really worried about the scale number, I would just really love to be toned and confident in a bikini. I am doing this more for long term health than a physical image though. Let me know if you would like to keep in contact. I don't know how to add friends yet, as I just started looking at this board, but I am sure I can figure it out...
  • jjeckels
    Options
    I myself am also just figuring this out...it's fun! I love reading the success stories, so inspiring.
    Keep working hard, you can definately become an athlete...toned and confident in a bikini is a goal for me as well. Vacationing in FL in March...
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you! I was the same never really paid attention to what was going in my mouth. After dowdloading the app and using it, I was SUPER shocked. I am about 5feet 5inches and my Heaviest was 145. I am now down to 129-130. I can't seem to get past this little stump :(. I would like to get down to 120-125 and stay there. Im not huge on exercising, but I think I need to start dedicating time for that every day.

~Misty