Mother of two, wanting to lose weight and needing to stay mo

Options
scd78
scd78 Posts: 77 Member
Hello! I am new to this site and already love it! I am a mother of 2 wonderful children and have a great husband. I would like to lose about 90 pounds...I decided a week ago that this was it, no more excuses. I have lost 3 pounds so far. Even though my husband is supportive of me wanting to lose weight, he doesn't have to be all that concerned with his. This sometimes makes it hard for me to stay motivated for myself. I am a Health/PE teacher and want to go back to practicing what I teach, be a role model for my children and my students, and be truly happy with myself/my body! I am truly hoping that this site will provide me with extra motivation and allow me to help others on their journeys as well.

Replies

• Jen514
    Jen514 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too. I have never joined a site like this so hopefully we can all motivate each other and help each other stay on track. Congrats on the 3lbs!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, then you know you can do it. You just have to be in it for the long haul---and make it forever. This is not a temporary thing.

Good luck to you.

Have you ever considered Medifast diet? That is whay I am doing and has been the answer to all my prayers.
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

Even with your Husband not having to be concerned with his weight, you should try to make sure he's on board (eating what you eat , not keeping junk food around etc), as well as your kids. When my wife joined me in losing the weight, things really took off. In 4 months between the two of us we've lost about 80 lbs! for the first 2-3 weeks that she wasn't dieting, there was always some junk food around the house, and it took alot more will-power. Now when we have a chocolate or chip craving.... there's nothing to feed it except for healthier options.

It's incredible how good it feels as well when you motivate the people around you. When my lbs started coming off, there were at least 5-6 people at work that got onto the healthy kick. No one orders crap anymore when we go out to lunch!

All the best, and hope you can stick with it!
  • scd78
    Options
    Thanks all! I am excited to be on this site and I know all of the support is going to keep me on track. What is the Medifast diet? I haven't heard of it.

I am looking forward to keeping in touch and motivating each other!
  • sallyvt
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this site too. I've done Weight Watchers in the past, but have gained back all the weight I lost several years ago:( I am working on losing 50 lbs, and have lost 3 lbs so far. I think the hardest thing for me is to keep on track after indulging. I am working to avoid the "all or nothing" attitude and behavior to find success this time.

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a mother of two as well ;)
  • tboucounis
    Options
    Hey, I am new too. I am in the same situation as you and I have 4 girls ages 22, 20, 14 and 6. They are wonderful and supportive. My husband is also supportive, but he isn't concerned about his weight. It would be nice we could work out together. I have to lose about the same amount as you. I am even considering doing the lapband. I just feel desparate and I really want to see some results. After 8 weeks, I have slimmed in inches yet I haven't lost but a few pounds. How are you doing?
  • scd78
    Options
    Tboucouis- Thanks. I have lost 3 pounds and I started last week. I believe I can lose it all though diet and exercise ...my main thing is staying motivated and on track! I know a couple of family members that have had the lapband surgery ...in their cases it had other setbacks causing health issues. However, everyone is different. That is just what scares me about it. I wish you much luck! Congratulations on losing inches!I can't wait to feel that success!
  • alandaddi
    Options
    I am also a mother of 2 and have to lose about about 26lbs. I just started the board today and am hoping to focus on healthy eating!

Good luck!
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hello!! I am mother of two also...welcome, and Good Luck!! :D
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    Tboucouis - Before you go for the Lapband, have confidence you can do it on your own, and give it a solid shot! The week before I started, I was seriously considering surgical help.... but decided to give it a REAL try first... and I think that once you get started - with the right support, it will get easy, and hopefully kick off a complete lifestyle change (not just a diet).

Good luck!