Somewhat New to MFP From NYC...Goal to lose 50lbs

Options
Hello MFP, I am somewhat new, I started last year but, was not good with maintaining my daily logs. However, I have a new outlook and determination to lose weight the right and healthy way...to basically change my eating habits for the better. Anyone in NYC...a lil motivation would be great.

Thanks,
Nikki

Replies

• ailysys
    ailysys Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm in NYC as well :) Just started, this is my 3rd week, and 2lbs lost so far.
    If you ever need to order out, try energy kitchen! It's awesome! Everything on the menu is under 500 calories, and tastes GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I work down... by Battery Park. I have had some pretty good success so far using this site!
  • DIVAYUP
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the support...its so easy to get off track.
    What types of workout routines would u recommend besides the treadmil... I have 1 in my house and I'm sick of it...lol
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Check around on this site... I know many women really like Zumba.
  • DIVAYUP
    Options
    i just looked at Energy Kitchen's site...it looks great, Thank you very much! :wink:
  • ailysys
    ailysys Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your welcome!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do (burgers are a bit dry bc they are so lean, but the wraps are great and very filling)
    As far as working out goes, I've been going to the gym and concentrating on Cardio (I mostly do the elliptical machine). I also started the 200 sit up app on my iphone. I also have the P90x program, but I don't always have the time to do it (it's GREAT though). I have a baby, so it's hard to get out and do more, but I do what I can :) I heard Wii fit is also pretty good and fun!!