H20 Seriously Sexy 7lbs of Valentine's Day Week 3

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Morning, everyone!!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Hope everyones doing well.. Trying to get better before I go into it full force again. I keep making myself worse.. So trying to take it easy.. I hate it.. Ive been sick for 3 weeks. UGH! But it seems to be possibly clearing up finally.. :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    How's everyone's week going? Hubby is out of work til Mon due to his back pain...doc gave him muscle relaxers and an anti-inflamatory..he's nice and cozy on the couch in lala land.

I got in some treadmil time today, dripping with sweat when I was done and it felt great! As for my 'good deed' so to speak, aside from Mon and Tues that I posted, yesterday I sent off a few homemade hats to some friends just because, I can't wait to get the message that they were suprised by it. And my good deed for today isn't anything out of the normal..just taking care of the hubs.

I'm still looking for a new recipe, trying hard to find one using foods I have here as we have about 6-8in of snow right now with many more to come. I almost lose my doxie out there!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    So far this week - we made Chicken Cacciatore last night - pretty tasty, but it was proabbly more than I needed....600 cals which wasn't bad, but I sure could have done without it just as easily I think I posted the recipe on here already in the menu. I made it with spaghetti squash. Next time I would probably add another vegetable (maybe sauteed peppers) and switch out the chicken thighs for chicken breasts.

New exercise was kind of unexpected. I spent Tuesday's 2 hours during biggest loser doing the Wii Fit Free Step....pretty good. In Sept when I tried it I did 6 minutes - this time I did a full hour and then my hubby did an hour. Doing a new class tonight - Tae Kwan Aqua - it's supposed to be like Tae Kwan Do, but in the water. It's been almost 2 months since I went to Aquafit, so I hope I'm able to keep up.

My nice deed will be tomorrow. Have you guys heard of the random compliments that some person is doing? They basically take sticky notes and write something nice on them and leave them in public places for people to find. Tomorrow my hubby and I are going to go to the mall and leave the notes all over so that someone's day will be brightened by a random compliment.

Bru - I have a Daschie (I hope that's what you meant....LOL) too.....It's funny watching her jump around outside.....she doesn't go far though....
  • RushinBruisette
    I came across this link, I think it may help out all of us in some way/shape/form. It takes like 5min to read, check it out! http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

And yes, that's what I meant, we just spell it Doxie here :) He's a long-haired black and tan mini. I LOVE the post it note thing! That's great!! I may have to invest in some post its :)
  • fitterpam
    LOL Just had to check - I always thought a doxie was a very pretty girl from the 20s. I wasn't sure why you had one and why she would get lost in a few inches of snow until I looked outside and saw my little girl jumping through the snow.....LOL Then it all clicked.

Great read BTW
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    I came across this link, I think it may help out all of us in some way/shape/form. It takes like 5min to read, check it out! http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

And yes, that's what I meant, we just spell it Doxie here :) He's a long-haired black and tan mini. I LOVE the post it note thing! That's great!! I may have to invest in some post its :)

Great visual and post!!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Oh the random post its.....this was a beautiful story!

http://operationbeautiful.com/book/
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Bru, if you need recipes I love to share mine. What do you have around the house? Also, allrecipes.com is a great resource.

I've actually vowed to stay off the scale this weekend, so no weigh in for me this morning. I've been stuck at 237 and it's been extremely frustrating and discouraging. So I am kicking it into high gear for the next few days, sticking to a stricter diet, and have vowed to burn at least 3000 cals this week. I'm at just over 2000 so I'm off to a good start! I am also going to plan a nice long candle-lit bath this weekend. Guilt-free. I need the R&R.

Something exciting that happened: I was cleaning out boxes from the move and I found an old pair of size 18 jeans. Just for grins I tried them on...they are HUGE. I washed them and right out of the dryer they are still falling off my hips. Now, these may very well be the biggest size 18s in history, but I don't care. I've been wearing them for 2 days as a confidence booster. :happy:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Good morning I realized when I started this challenge I didn't post my weight so on Tuesday I was at 165.4.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Wow. That is crazy how many sizes she changed at the same weight!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I lost 1lb again.
    SW 159
    W1 158
    W2 157
    W3 156
    GW 152

3lb down 4lb to go
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Good morning down 1 and 6 more to go!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    So, my hubby lost 8.9lbs his first week.. men! Always trying to out do women! LOL!

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend.. Nick and I are going to a wine tasting later :) And then treadmil time for me.
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    So, my hubby lost 8.9lbs his first week.. men! Always trying to out do women! LOL!

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend.. Nick and I are going to a wine tasting later :) And then treadmil time for me.

I don't want to hate men for their ability to lose more weight - but man I hate it! Lol! :-P
  • fitterpam

First week loss.....think of it like beginners luck :P My hubby has been losing slower than me this whole time although he did keep up at the beginning....still not quite sure why he's not losing faster (he normally does).....he does come on here too (although not as much)....
  • fitterpam
    Challenge SW = 241.8

Week 1 EW = 234.6 (-7.2lbs)
    Week 2 EW = 237.2 (+2.6lbs)
    Week 3 EW = 235.0 (-2.2lbs)

I think I had a decent week this week, although I'm still having crazy evening cravings for junk food. I've told my husband full stop that I have to stop doing it and last night I didn't (although I did go to an all you can eat Chinese buffet). After dinner, I'm allowed Jello Light, Baby Carrots, crackers or hot chocolate. No more DQ sundaes, freezer cakes, chips, pretzels, pop....I'm done. I was doing so well and I gave in. Junk just leads to more junk. I'm done.

Have 1hr of exercise planned for today - I've found that since I stopped, my sciatica pain has been acting up again. I have nothing better to do today, so here goes nothing!!!!
  • RushinBruisette

First week loss.....think of it like beginners luck :P My hubby has been losing slower than me this whole time although he did keep up at the beginning....still not quite sure why he's not losing faster (he normally does).....he does come on here too (although not as much)....

Oh I know.. some lose big the first week, some the first month, some not at all.. my first week was 3, my first full month was 11. He's not even trying and man is he gloating around the house today!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Starting weight for challenge: 177.0 lbs.
    Ending weight for week 1: 171.2 lbs (5.8 lbs lost due to illness) but some of this came back throughout the week
    Ending weight for week 2: 171.2 lbs (0 lbs lost) but this time it's REAL weight loss :)
    Ending weight for week 3: 170.6 lbs (0.6 lbs lost) fine by me! Only .7 lbs to go by Valentines Day!
  • RushinBruisette
    I'm going to start embracing more of my Non-Scale Victories than worrying about my darn scale all the time.

NSV: Zipping up a boot calf length all the way up!! It use to only go maybe 3/4 of the way and was crazy tight...now all the way up and there's PLENTY of room to move my leg in..almost too much to where I need new boots :D

HUGE NSV:... I was able to put on and zip up completely my size 12 bridesmaids dress from my friends wedding in 2004! Of course, I have more boobage now, so its not the comfy-est, but damnit I'm not far from it! I posted a pic as a before and after from Sept 2010 to today, kind hard to see but had my hubby take the pic, he forgot to zoom in... Woot Woot!! 200lbs(ish) and a size 12/14..I'll take it!

So, what NSV have you had recently?
This discussion has been closed.