Just not hungry

Options
Yesterday I thought I would treat myself to tacos from one of my favorite places, Moe's. I eat the taco and a half hour later I am sick as can be. I was sick the remainder of the night...such is life. Good thing is I won' t be eating Moe's anytime in the near future. Once something makes me sick I can't eat it for months. (Pizza made me sick last June and I still can't smell it without feeling nausea)

Now today I feel fine but I am just not hungry. I had my normal cup of coffee and forced myself to eat oatmeal. This is my lunchtime and I just don't want to eat a thing.

Is it ok to just not eat much of anything today until my body fully recovers or am I going to do damage by not eating? I'm sure I'll be hungry tomorrow...maybe even tonight...but as for now...I am not.

Replies

• tvanderberg
    Options
    By all means you should try to consume something. Your body cant function properly without the vitamins and nutrients that it needs. In the long run not eating is NOT a good idea. Even if you eat somthing simple like fruit you should try to eat something.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I pretty much knew that would be the answer. Haha. I just hate eating after being sick. It makes me sick to just think about eating something right now. Peanut butter sandwich...here I come.
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    Sometimes the fast food calls me and I think it'll be a nice reward for being good - I end up in the same situation you are. I feel disgusting the next day and my stomach is not happy with anything!!

What I usually do to kick the feeling is drink a cleansing smoothie - something with a lot of anti-oxidants (blueberries!) - for breakfast, so by lunch, I feel good to go again!
  • djmort
    djmort Posts: 1
    Options
    Some broth can help settle your stomach without doing too much damage.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Seriously if you are not feeling well and just don't feel like eating because of that you will be fine but instead of eating try drinking some juice like orange juice. Grape juice is an excellent choice as well as cranberry. You can get some calories in that way and later if you feel like eating have some eggs... I know it is usually the last thing you want to eat when feeling ill but it is one of the few things that will actualy help settle the stomach.
    :)