Sweet Potato Fries

Options
Yum!!! I made these tonight and they are delicious!!! They totally tamed my sweet tooth!!!

Preheat the Oven at 425
Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into home fry sized slices (*NOTE* - 1 medium sweet potato is about 100 calories)
Put them in a little zip loc bag with a tsp of olive oil, a dash of cinnimon, and a dash of sugar.
Mix um all around, then put on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
Cook for 15 minutes.

There are all sorts of other ways to season them (if you google sweet potato fries you can find different recipes), I was just looking for something sweet.

They're super good and super easy to make! Try um!!

Oh, and I've noticed that some people call sweet potatoes yams... depending on where you're from. (Just so you know what vegie you're looking for) :happy:

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Yum!!! I made these tonight and they are delicious!!! They totally tamed my sweet tooth!!!

Preheat the Oven at 425
    Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into home fry sized slices (*NOTE* - 1 medium sweet potato is about 100 calories)
    Put them in a little zip loc bag with a tsp of olive oil, a dash of cinnimon, and a dash of sugar.
    Mix um all around, then put on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
    Cook for 15 minutes.

There are all sorts of other ways to season them (if you google sweet potato fries you can find different recipes), I was just looking for something sweet.

They're super good and super easy to make! Try um!!

Oh, and I've noticed that some people call sweet potatoes yams... depending on where you're from. (Just so you know what vegie you're looking for) :happy:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking butternut squash fries in the oven right now. First time though so I hope they turn out good.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Let us know how they turn out Amber...I have been curious about those.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking butternut squash fries in the oven right now. First time though so I hope they turn out good.

I LOVE butternut squash fries!! Once I started making them I craved them all of the time!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    those are two of my favorite foods sweet potato fries yummy!!!!! but i never knew about butternut squash fries how do you prep them???? my son will love those me and him eat almost a whole squash by ourselves i usually bake it
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I wil mention butternut squash fries to the family...see if anyone is interested. I know I am!!:bigsmile: