Struggling with the Winter Blahs

Options
Hi everyone!

I am in need of some motivation! I was on a roll and lost 20 lbs. Well, I gained 4 of those pesky pounds back over the holidays. The holidays are over and I've lost 1 of those 4 pounds. I can't seem to get back on track. It's winter and I'm indulging in the hearty, comfort food that is just so delicious. I'm not exercising nearly enough. I have a membership to the local YMCA and I feel great after exercising...when I do go to the gym. It's getting off my butt and putting down the snacks that I'm having trouble with. Any advice or words of support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much and good luck to all of you on this challenging journey! :)

Susan

Replies

• meadows654
    Options
    I totally allowed myself to indulge over the holidays and am proud that I managed to get back on track afterwards. If I can do it, you can do it! I'm a big fan of Wii exercise like Zumba, Just Dance 2, Walk it Out. They definitely help when you have to stay indoors. Plus I only have lower-calorie snacks to surround myself with so I don't go crazy. (Sugar-free pudding, rice krispie treats, veggie sticks, etc.) Also, there are some great sites, this one included, that have some lower calorie recipies that are also hearty. Make your own soup, or try a bisquick & egg quiche. Everyone here is on a similar journey, and you're not alone!! (And feel free to friend me, we can support each other!) :flowerforyou:
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I struggled getting back on track after the holidays. I gained 4 lbs and have already lost 3 of those. Don't let the blahs get you down. You had it in you to get as far as you did. Reach down deep and find it again. Walk it out girl. Every little bit helps. I will carry you in my thoughts as I go for my walk today. I'm taking advantage of the sun while it is here even if it's chilly out. I find that getting out and gaining my vitamin D from the sun helps me so much. When it was cold and rainy all I did was stuff my face with the sweets in our home. They are nearly gone now. I finally threw away a huge pile of cookies. It also helped to buy apples and clementines to snack on instead of the other sweets. Hang in there! You are not alone.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too! All of my clothes are tight & I felt like I was starving today when I wouldn't allow myself any chocolate! But you can do this, just take baby steps and don't let one little slip up be an excuse to let it all go (that's been my problem:) No more excuses!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    When my problem is getting to the gym, I only focus on THAT part: the getting there. I don't think about what happens once I arrive (the work out). Changing my clothes and getting in the car is no biggie, and once I do THAT, a work out ALWAYS follows so I don't have to focus on the work out part of 'getting to the gym'.

Hope this (1) made sense and (2) helps :)

Charmagne