13»

Replies

• bluemartini6
    Options
    Low cal cottage cheese and a piece of fruit
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, stay away from pre-packaged oatmeal. the extra additives, sodium, and sugar are not good for you. Instead, make oatmeal plain (takes about a minute in the microwave) and add stir ins for flavor and wholesomeness.
    oatmeal stir-ins: honey, maple syrup, chopped nuts, peanut butter, protein powder, fruit slices, fresh/frozen berries, fruit preserves, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and other spices, yogurt, milk, eggs, cheese.. it goes on and on.

other ideas:

peanut butter and banana slices on whole wheat toast or an english muffin (make a sandwich!)

a turkey sandwich or wrap

yogurt, piece of fruit, granola bar (don't forget to grab a spoon!)

whole wheat pita with hummus and veggies (wrap in foil and go)

whole grain cereal with skim milk and a piece of fruit

parfait in a to-go cup with yogurt, granola, and fruit slices

pre-portioned baggies of fruit and nut trail mix mixed with whole grain cereal and a glass of milk

Left-overs from dinner?? :laugh:

Good luck!!
  • anappi0325
    Options
    In the evening before bed I cook up a serving of egg substitutes and some turkey sausage scrambles (they are usually found near the sausages in the refrigerated section, of course close to the jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches) you might also find them in the frozen section. Anyway, I cook it all before bed, usually takes less than 5 min of prep time then put in a tupperware container. Heat for about 45 sec to a minute and go.:flowerforyou:
  • harris0324
    Options
    I do the Quakers Oats Weight Management Banana Bread oOatmeal. I use 2% milk and throw it in the microwave. Its delicious and so easy!!!! Sometimes I'll cut up a banana in it as well. Also, peanut butter on a slice of toast or a bagel thin is a good option too!

Weight management oatmeal has more cal, carb, and fat than the regular banana bread oatmeal. the only good extra is the fiber u get

I didn't see it having more calories? Maybe because the only one I have seen on the shelf is the weight management. I do it for the less amount of sugar in it.
    [/quote]

Where do you shop? Target is a great place to look. Walmart even has their own brand of sugar free Maple and Brown sugar oatmeal, It's yummy. I also buy mine at safeway. It goes on sale a lot :)
  • runningroxy
    Options
    Nature Valley peanut butter granola bars are good and filling. They have 190 calories and 7 grams of fat. Hope this helps!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I try to stay between 150 - 300 cals for breakfast. ... remember should have at least 1200 cals/day so not to be in "starvation mode" which will make you retain weight, not lose it.

Here are just a few quick ideas:

1) I also use lower sugar instant oatmeal and put either small banana, or few strawberries cut up into it.
    2) Breyers yogurt ( the 6 oz = 80 cal) with 1/2 cup cheerios mixed in.....I know it doesn't sound great but I love it, gives crunch in yogurt and stays with you longer before get hungry and cheerios are good to help with cholesterol.
    3) Thomas bagel thins ( toasted or plain) with 1Tb low cal Pnt butter and banana rolled up
    4) Hard boiled eggs... quick and easy to take on the go ( cook ahead and have on hand)
    5) Carnation Instant Breakfast...no sugar added.... drink I like the milk chocolate and strawberry ones, will have a low cal high fiber granola bar with it.

ENJOY! :happy:
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I usually have the Kashi true vanilla hot cereal (oatmeal) it has 9 grams of protein per serving so it's pretty filling..

Also Jimmy dean has turkey sausage and egg bowls, they are pretty good too.
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing for rushed mornings is to make oatmeal in the crockpot the night before.... it is ready piping hot when you open your eyes!
    I usually just mix cinamon, apples, oatmeal, water, in the crockpot and cook all night. The apples usually sweeten it enough that it doesn't NEED sugar. some other variations are raisins, cranberries, peaches, nuts, flax seed. Get creative! THis takes some time the night before, but mornings are a cinch... If I am running late, I scoop it into a tupperware container and eat it at work!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I eat quinoa with a splash of milk and splenda. Delicious, healthy and it can be prepared days in advance. It can also be used instead of rice for stirfrys or whatever. So I make a batch on the weekend and eat it whenever I want.

I also like just a english muffin with pb and jelly or with an hardboiled egg on top.

A nice bowl of high fiber cereal is awesome. I also like satisfaction cereal it really is filling.

my breakfasts are always around 300 calories......so I don't know if this is "low" to you but it keeps me going till lunch.
  • Mommy2boys5542
    Options
    I have oatmeal & and a light english muffin very filling
    i have also made egg whites with fresh spinach & some sherded cheese in a whole weat wrap
    and then ther is eggo waffels fiber plus 160 cal for 2
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    hardboiled egg, low sodium/lite string cheese, piece of fruit, and a piece of fiber bread w/ jam.....easy, easy, easy
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal...the real stuff...not instant.
    Pre package portions (non cooked) into 'snack bags'. Add the oats and any add-ins to the bag and store them in the fridge. Then in the morning dump it in a microwave safe bowl and add water or milk and cook for the alloted time.
    I add flax and wheatgerm every day...some days I add in dried cherries or fresh blueberries or bananas. It's quick and easy. Very filling.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charms.

No, seriously, this is what I usually eat for breakfast. 3/4 cup is one serving, it gives me an energy boost and fibre to fill me up, and there is less sugar in that one serving than in the serving of milk I have along with it.

Plus, there are marshmallows.
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    I love having cheese toast in the morning....2 slices of Double Fiber Wheat bread with 1/3 cup shredded Pizza Blend cheese divided and spread on top, put in the oven under the broiler for a couple of minutes or until cheese melts/before bread burns; Quick and Easy! 190 calories.
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    Hhmm, never thought of adding Cheerios in with Yogurt, sounds good! Might have to try that one!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I know I don't have much to add, but you can mix up eggs, bacon, potato and put in a tortilla with salsa for "breakfast tacos"
    I usually have the slo-cook oats-I make up a week's worth and take it into work, which I mix with milk and sugar, not the best but it's only 50 extra cals.
    Frozen waffles
    yogurt and fruit
    even aunt jemima breakfast sandiwches are within cals for me. I try to stick to 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner.
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    1/2 cup skimmed milk, banana, 1 cup frozen mixed fruit! Blend its fast and filling if you dont have time to drink it i pour into water bottle and take with me! my kids love them to!

Wrap with eggs and veggies, even a banana on a wrap with peanut butter!!
  • prowler48
    Options
    Peanut butter banana wrap.

Take one whole wheat flour tortilla, spread one serving of Peanut butter on it, peel a place one banana near one edge and roll it up.

It's quick and filling.