I'm in danger of eating my feelings today :(

Options
Hi there,

I was hoping that I could get some encouragement to not do this - I'm having a rough day today and want to eat this feeling away. I know I'll regret it but I'm not thinking very clearly right now. :(
I guess I need somebody to talk me down please.

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Eating something you don't need will just make you feel worse later. Try making a list of positive things that could happen due to a move. Like finally clean out the junk drawer! :tongue:
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Everything will work out in the end. I know where you're at, I've been there. Like someone said already eating isn't going to change anything, it's just going to make you feel worse later on. I suggest working out. Burn some calories and maybe put some of the negitive to positive, I know I always feel better after a good workout. Sometimes the things we least want are in the end the best things we could have ever done. You'll make it, just keep your head up!
  • SweatyMurphy
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. having an awful day. I'll be strong it you will.
  • neatfreak
    Options
    Eating your feelings will only be a temporary fix and then you'd only feel worse...please don't do that to yourself. Are you able to get out for a while, i.e. talk a walk, window shop around the mall, or even exercise? A walk is often mind clearing and uplifting! Stay strong...you can do it! Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    What you eat 'BAD' today - you'll regret tomorrow or later...! Eat some fruit, call a friend, look on 'failbook' and have some laughs...Go for a walk - do some laundry... Keep bloggin'...draw a picture, write a letter to a friend....
  • Tash_Bgosh
    Tash_Bgosh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    DON'T YOU DARE!! Think about all your hard work and let that inspire you to stay on track. If that doesnt work, think about about how all your hard work has motivated and inspired people like me. DON'T DO IT.

We are all behind you! :)
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Just say NO ... trust me, I should have asked for help Monday and felt horrible (physically and emotionally) after eating junk. I totally understand how stressful it is and how hard it is to NOT turn to food. Just keep reminding yourself that the eating is just going to make you feel worse. And if you just HAVE to eat something ... try to choose something that isn't TOO BAD for you. I decided next time I want to "emotionally eat" it is going to be Weight Watchers desserts for me instead of the McDonald's Drive Thru.

And I agree with the post above ... try to look for something positive in the change. Sometimes the Universe has a special surprise for us during chaotic times. ALSO keep reaching out ... there is ton's of support on here. I read some success stories today and looked at the before/after pics ..I was SO inspired to put my binge behind me and keep moving forward ...
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Replace the word "eating" with something else. You can exercise those feelings away by taking it out on a punching bag, talk to family or a close friend, read all the great MFP responses you'll definitely get, smell some roses, etc.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Gosh, if you didn't encourge Skinnyminnie, you have certainly helped me!!!!!! Thanks I needed that.
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome and made me cry. Which I'm sure is much better than keeping it in. Now if I can just make my face go back to normal before someone looks in my cubicle... :)
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    What you eat 'BAD' today - you'll regret tomorrow or later...! Eat some fruit, call a friend, look on 'failbook' and have some laughs...Go for a walk - do some laundry... Keep bloggin'...draw a picture, write a letter to a friend....

I agree with her about going on a funny site and getting some laughs. I suggest Failblog. Nothing lifts your spirits like seeing people slam into walls or fall down steps.
    Just don't eat any junk food or over-eat today. Tomorrow you'll wake up and be proud of yourself for not giving into your emotions.
  • stacierodgers
    Options
    I am such an emotional eater, happy I eat, sad I eat, mad I eat. Get the idea. And well I will seay it just makes me feel worse, so take it from one emotional eater to another, step away from the food. If you need something to make you fill full and satisfied and comforted, eat a big salad with low calorie ingredients, and then you can eat but still stick with your calories.

Even better, take a walk or exercise to work off the frustration.
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    e too , but then whatever is making u feel like crap , is winning .. dont let it beat ya .. ( i am also having a pants day :( .. it sucks ) tomoro will be brighter . :) x u can do it
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm the ultimate emotional eater. I tend to eat when I'm down in the dumps. And its true......even if its temporary you won't feel better.