New Here!

Options
I'm Priscilla and new to this site. Recommended by a friend to join here. It is so freakin hard to lose weight when you have been heavy your whole life. Kinda here for some encouragement and maybe for advice. As well as connect with others that are in the same boat as i am. Good luck with everyone's weight loss! :o)

Replies

• kimandallen07
    Options
    WELCOME MY DEAREST FRIEND!!! IM HERE TO HELP U EVERY STEP OF THE WAY...LOVE YA! :happy:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

This site is great for encouragement and support.

Good luck!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Erius
    Erius Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh yes...this is my third attempt. I told myself that after my third child, that was it! No more being stupid...yes, stupid. I mean, come on. We know exactly what to do...I was lazy. Ok, I was REALLY lazy. But now, I went from 238.5 lbs in August while on Weight watchers to 188 lbs. I still have 28 lbs to go, maybe 35 lbs...one step at a time. It was time. If you want the motivation and support, I will be there to help you! Good Luck! Friend request on the way!
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    Hello welcome. good luck to ya
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    It is so hard! But so worth it. I've struggled with weight my entire life as well. Two years ago, I lost about 60 pounds only to gain it all back. So here I am, at it again. I started in September and lost about 45 pounds. HOwever, I allowed myself to take a 'break' at Christmas and am really struggling to get back on track! I started out so slow with the exercise...mainly just walking for the first 2 months. I started out with about a mile and worked up to where I was doing about 4. Now, with the weather being so cold I'm not doing much walking but joined a gym for about 3 months until I can get back outside. I do workout DVDs about 3 times a week (I love Jillian Michaels cardio kickboxing but it took me a couple of months to even be able to get through the whole thing. I started out doing like 8 minutes of it before I thought I was going to die!). I also like the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout as well. And, when I dont' get as much in during the day as I'd like, I turn to my Wii fit to at least get me up and moving. It is a journey.! You just be patient and celebrate small successes. Set up small goals. My end goal was so far out of reach that I didnt' even set one. I pick a date and the # of pounds I want to lose by then--typically about 3 months down the road. Then, I re-evaluate at the end of that time and set another one. You really can do this!!
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    welcome! this site is great and i hope you find it very helpful! I've only been a member for a little over a week and i've already lost 7 lbs! if it works for me, it can work for you too!
  • rudeboi220
    rudeboi220 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi 2 all,

New here hope joining this web site helps me lose my weight and keep it off this time lost all my weight years back,
    but piled it all back on with extra and got to start from scratch again so here will go !!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

4046076.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • priscilla79
    Options
    Thanks for the nice warm welcome you guys! Good luck to everyone with the goals that you have set. I know that this something that i wanna do and can do. :happy:
  • CanDeBar
    Options
    Welcome Prisilla! So glad you are committed to making a healthy life for yourself!
  • CanDeBar
    Options
    I'm new too - thanks to my friend Debra! I lost 20 pounds using Weight Watchers and Zumba but have gradually allowed it all to creep back on in the past year...just failure ot plan and a new boyfriend who adds activity to my zoo I call a life. But I'm aware and glad to be going back down the path of healthy living. I'm a classic enabler...everyone and everything comes before me BUT I'm doing my best to have a healthier lifestyle and to see the BIG PICTURE. Here are the truths I plan to remind myself of every day: 1) In the big picure: only I can control my low bone mass. That means I have to choose to eat my greens, take my meds, and keep my weight at a manageable level, AND do my weight bearing exercises consistently. 2) In the big picture, my adult children and my adult boyfriend do not need me to do things for them that they can do for themselves. They do need me to be as healthy and happy as possible. I'm sure there are more truths I'll find out along the way...thanks for letting me be part of your journey!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    you can do it. find some buddies and stay plugged into the system here. ;)
  • Ghyllfoot
    Options
    ...welcome and the very best of British to you :smile: