Opinions Needed

Options
This may be a bit of a delicate (no pun intended) question. I am thinking of going for a full Brazillian wax for my husband for Valentine's Day. I tried waxing once before a long time ago, and couldn't do it.

Have any of you tried it before? What did you/your partner think? Would you do it again?

Thanks for you input.
jewel

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This may be a bit of a delicate (no pun intended) question. I am thinking of going for a full Brazillian wax for my husband for Valentine's Day. I tried waxing once before a long time ago, and couldn't do it.

Have any of you tried it before? What did you/your partner think? Would you do it again?

Thanks for you input.
    jewel
    I haven't done it, but I can't wait for the answers.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I hear its a wonderful experience...I personally shave my own ;)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I hear its a wonderful experience...I personally shave my own ;)

LOL! Unless you plan on keeping it up and going over and over and over again I think it's a waste of pain.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I shave my own as well, I don't think I could get over someone else doing it :blushing:
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I lasered it all off. it rocks.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My sister had it done once. She said she would do it again if she had the money to keep going back. But it was definitely... uncomfortable, to say the least. :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    well worth it for special occasions...drink lots of water before...hope you aren't modest, the technician is all up in there! my hubby likes it ;-)

less painful alternative...shaving fun shapes ;-)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever tried waxing, I was quite sure it was devised by a very sick man, at the height of the Inquisition, intended for purely sadistic and torturous purposes.

That said, I've never had it done professionally. So maybe it's not as bad that way. But I don't wanna find out. I'll stick with shaving. lol
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I started getting a full Brazilian wax about a year ago. I LOVED it! It stays smooth for so much longer, and less hair grows back so it appears thinner.

Recently I had to quit going and start shaving myself again because of a budget (I was spending about $75 including tip once a month) and I hate it. I can't wait till I can afford to wax again.

My advice to you is to research on the internet for a reputable place with a lot of good reviews! Yes, it hurts. It will hurt less each time you go back. Also, your hair needs to be at least a quarter inch in length for them to wax, so start letting it grow in a week or so, or now if you can stand it. :-)
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have not personally done this, but a friend did for the occasion of a special romantic weekend and told me about it. She said it wasn't really all that painful, she had a fun time, the person who did it was very cool, and she and her hubby enjoyed the results.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    First time having it done.... well hurts like hell. I do mine almost always. You have to make sure that you see a professional who knows what they are doing or they could cause serious bruising. Take an advil before you go. It gets easier the more often you have it done and I like the clean feeling but that just me. (BTW, I'm an esthetician so I perform this service often)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It hurts but it is worth it. make sure you go to a reputable place, as it can be very painful and you want someone professional doing it, using good quality wax.
    I am living in Turkey, and my husband is Muslim- all the women here have everything taken off (they believe it is about 'cleanliness'), so I kinda went along with it, although I was already waxing, but leaving a 'strip.' These days it all comes off. ALL. I can't believe I am sharing this, gonna stop right now!
    Good luck!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!! life your response binary_jester
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

I want to do this! How many sessions did it take?
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Also, it might hurt worse depending on if you're on your period or about to be on your period. I always seemed to be more sensitive the week before and during bleeding.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said... make sure you go to a professional... a reputable spa or the like... advil for inflammation, etc. etc. :bigsmile:
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    for special occasions it's fun, however i was told the way i groom mine and a wax made no difference, so more often than not, i save my money and do it myself. (shave, not wax - wanted to clarify that i will NEVER put hot wax down there on purpose, by myself)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

Absolutely perfect answer right here
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

I want to do this! How many sessions did it take?

I too am curious about this. Was it painful at all?
    I shave.
    Tried to wax one time and I almost passed out! lmao :noway:
    It was no bueno.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do brazilians most of the time, or shave when I'm low on money or in between. I recommend going to a spa-like place, or someone you are comfortable with.

I'm not gonna lie, it's a little painful and then the LAST strip comes out.

The first time I had this done I said weakly 'What is that last one for, aren't you done!!!???'

She looked at me, smiled and said, 'Oh honey, this last one is for your a-hole.'

Takes a minute to get over that last strip. Every. Single. Time.