Is anyone on the Flat Belly diet?

Options
What are your thoughts?? Was thinking of trying it out...

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    *laughs* Probably not really the answer to your question, but I think a flat belly is something we would all like to achieve if we aren't there already. Thus isn't this the 'diet' we're all on? I'd say that you can do pretty much anything that encourages healthy eating and safe exercise is only going to do good things for you.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you put in Flat Belly Diet in the search box you fill find a thread a woman started a while ago and her progress and thoughts as she completed the initial 30 days, it was pretty interesting.
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! :smile:
  • heathermilburn
    Options
    I did the Flat Belly jump start last spring. I lost 5 pounds from the 1st 4 days. It was definitely a great jump start. I did not stick to the rest of the diet, but the book helped me think about adding monounsaturated fatty acids to my diet. I add those things along with exercise & lost another 11 pounds. I really feel the jump start made a difference for me!
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    I am skeptical of anything that says it can target a specific area of your body for weight loss.

Not sure if this is the same diet, but I read a thread about this diet and it was remarkably similar to many other threads of people who were supposedly not related. The one thing they had in common was that they all linked to a website that would send monthly shipments to your home at a cost to you. This was all with Acai pills.

Good luck if you decide to try it.
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I tried the anti-bloat part of the diet last week. I have to admit, I HATED the "sassy water". I'm not a big fan of ginger or mint leaves and having it in my water, totally grossed me out. The other foods weren't bad, but I was definitely hungry most of the day. I gave it up, but wanted to do the rest of the diet. The part that comes after the first 4 days. I love the foods they tell you to eat w/ every meal. Avocados, oils, nuts & seeds, olives and dark chocolate. Yummm
  • LisaLisaBoBisa
    Options
    I have the book. The information they provide is very interesting and it caused me to rethink some of my food choices. The "flat belly" portion of it really deals more with avoiding foods that cause us to bloat, which we might not even realize they are doing, i.e. sodas are full of carbonation - where does all that carbonation go once it's inside the intestines? It stays inside! Raw veggies, i.e. broccoli, tend to be gassy, some artificial sweeteners aren't digested the way natural sweeteners are, therefore causing our intestines to be irritated. It's called the flat belly diet because you are changing your food selections and avoiding foods that might cause bloat, not because you are guaranteed a washboard tummy. I tried it for a little while (I admit I had not committed to the diet in full) and I did notice that my tummy area felt better. I think it's worth a try. I too did not like the Sassy water - I'd rather drink plain water. Anyone interested in starting up on the Flat Belly Diet? I'd consider giving it a try. Perhaps having other people going through it with me would be more motivating. . . .
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am on the Flat Belly Diet, which I started at the end of February. After 32 days (4 day anti-bloat jump start + 28 day diet), I lost 6 pounds, and 2.5 inches from my waist. I was really surprised!

The first four days are a little rough, since you're only consuming 1200 calories per day and not eating too many carbs (you know that headache you get?!). But once the 28 days begin, you're eating 4 meals of 400 calories, so a total of 1600 calories per day. Most of the meals in the book are really good, so it was easy to stick to it. What other diet lets you eat chocolate every day if you feel like it? Yes, dark chocolate is a GOOD fat! So needless to say I eat the cherry-chocolate waffle a few times a week, LOL.

If anyone here is thinking of giving it a try, I encourage you to go for it. Don't be discouraged by the rather bland food the first 4 days, it gets better. A few of the foods you need are kind of hard to find in regular stores, so I had to go to places like Whole Foods for a few things (like flax oil). But once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake. Good luck to anyone else trying this, I'm curious to know how it went for others. I'm going to continue eating this way at least through summer...hopefully I'll have lost my post-baby belly by then!