The advertising Strips On This Webb Site

rudeboi220
rudeboi220 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
Has anybody else noticed that some of the advertising on this Webb site is about food and ALL YOU CAN EAT CLICK HERE >>

All i can say is LMAO, its a dieting Webb site that cant be helping people when they are hungry, pictures of food BURGERS.....Etc

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4046076.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Firefox + AdBlock = no annoying ads. I wouldn't even know they were there if people didn't talk about them.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Yup, I had an ad for M&M's... Talk about temptation staring you in the face!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    The ads are determined by your search history. Mine is all about Groupon! Try to put in some searches in google and hopefully the ads will change.

Remember though -- the ads are how this amazing resource is free!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I havent seen any food ads ever but ive seen other posts about them.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    I never get those. Mine are Baylor (the hospital I work for) ads, weight loss surger (i assume from the hospital) and mostly jillian michaels ads. But I hear people say that all the time! Go figure.
  • yup everyone's ads are different depending what they search
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    That's strange. All of my ads are for weight loss and fitness, products, meds, books, bariatric surgery, etc. Oh and Target here and there.
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    mine are all about weight loss/dieting/fitness. it's google ads, so they are catered to the page you're viewing
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    I never get those. Mine are Baylor (the hospital I work for) ads, weight loss surger (i assume from the hospital) and mostly jillian michaels ads. But I hear people say that all the time! Go figure.

Yup, same here... I didnt get food ads (yet)... lol
  • marieisthecool
    yup everyone's ads are different depending what they search
    not what you search, but what you do. they are based on key words found on pages you access
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Of funny!! I didn't know the ads were based on what we search. I've never gotten the food ones either - right now mine are all on qwest and other internet providers I'm sure because my son used MY computer when researching who to switch to next!

I do appreciate that we have this site available for free because of these ads though. So happy - this site is a life saver!!
  • rudeboi220
    I have never searched for BURGERS tho, Never not on Google or on this laptop, Plus my browser history is set to clear every time i shut it down, i think its more likely to give you the ads for what country your in ????:laugh:
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Maybe its because I go on fast food site to see their nutrition values....haha I get Fast food ads non-stop!
    (With the occasional fitness ones here and there) haha
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    My ads change throughout the day lol. If I post about my horses I get outdoors ads from groupon.com if I say I'm having a bad day/feeling depressed I get medication ads (gee thanks lol). If I mention jillian michaels on the boards then her ads pop up (I usually say her name cuz I HATE her so the ads are useless lol) but I've looked into funny threads about other "issues" on here and then noticed my ads have matched that too lol.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Ha!
    I figured it was something like that.. mine are all about Groupon too and Expedia.
    Too funny!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    None of the ads relate to my browsing history. Ads for "all you can eat for €5" with pictures of dirty great big burgers or donughts or ads for weight loss products or "try these amazing exercises that will help you lose weight".
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    I get weight lose, Groupon and Levis so far today... I've been shopping online al lot since November and the weight loss ads are because I'm on MFP everyday.
  • marieisthecool
    I have never searched for BURGERS tho, Never not on Google or on this laptop, Plus my browser history is set to clear every time i shut it down, i think its more likely to give you the ads for what country your in ????:laugh:
    you've never searched for burgers, but you've probably read an article or someone has mentioned burgers on a page you have read recently. that's why you would see it. google isn't accessing your history from your computer, it's accessing it as you are browsing.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Well that explains why I get ads on wiener enlarg....ummm...food ads. yeah! I hate those food ads.
  • rudeboi220
    Funny thing is i have just gone to my home page to look at what the new ads are and they ain't coming up at the moment was going to tell you what ones i have got coming up now

My first ones where exercise ones then, a ad showing a fat women and man in cartoon like image then going slim(super fit)

Then the next one was CLICK HERE ALL YOU CAN EAT >>>

And thats what came up when i first joined without adding any information on here ????:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.