polar f6

Options
i just got my polar f6 today i went to the gym to try it out. i ran 5 miles, in 1hour and 10 min. it said i burned 750 cal.!!!! is this for real? my husband says that the calorie reading isn't very accurate. anyone who knows about these, your input would be very helpful. i don't want to think i am burning 750 cal when i am really only burning 500. HELP!!!:noway:

Replies

• Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    i just got my polar f6 today i went to the gym to try it out. i ran 5 miles, in 1hour and 10 min. it said i burned 750 cal.!!!! is this for real? my husband says that the calorie reading isn't very accurate. anyone who knows about these, your input would be very helpful. i don't want to think i am burning 750 cal when i am really only burning 500. HELP!!!:noway:
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    I personally think that is takes your HR into consideration, and your target HR may have let you burn that many, but if you are unsure try several different exercises to see if there is a difference. Hope this helps!!
  • deec
    deec Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    when I go on the treadmill at the gym for 1 hour at 4.0 km/hr with an incline of 12-14 and a HR of 153 I have had read that I had burned 690 calories....I was not sure if it was correct ,but everything I have read about the treadmill counter supported it?!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    A HRM will be the most accurate piece of equipment you can own aside from a portable RMR testing machine. It uses your weight, height, gender, HR (in terms of % MHR and RHR), and probably your training status and VO2 max estimate if it's like the polar F11 (I have that one). You do have to subtract your hourly BMR calories for the most accuracy. For instance, my BMR is 1265, so I burn 53 calories per hour doing nothing. When I exercise for an hour and burn 700 calories, my net calories are actually only 647. Do that and you will have accuracy with about a 15% margin of error.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love my PolarF6 :smile: Since I've started using it I have noticed a big difference. I was burning less calroies than estimated and once I started using my HRM and recording the correct count I broke out of my plateau!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    What's the best kind of HRM....I have heard F4, F6, F11....
    I have no clue about any of them.