Another Newbie

Options
Hi Everyone...

Not really sure exactly HOW I'm gonna go about this...but like my screen name says, I'm "Tired of Being Round".

Here's a little about me: I've always been on the "thicker" side, not always overweight, but never thin either. I'm 181lbs and not quite 5' tall so that doesn't help much and it's hard to hide! A few years ago I was 164 and got down to 130 and I loved it!! I was going to one of those weight loss centers, but when the office closed...over the next 3 years I slowly started gaining the weight back and unfortunately added even more. I don't like shopping for clothes anymore because I just don't like the way things look or feel on me, so I end up wearing a lot of sweats or baggie clothes. I also try to avoid social gatherings with people I haven't seen in a while because I'm just so ashamed of the way I look.

I hate feeling like that.

So here I am. Like I said, I'm not really sure how or what I'm going to do...but I have to start somewhere. And this posting is my start. I need to figure out what's better for me without starving myself or depriving myself either. Even if I just start of with smaller portions, I know that will help. I need to do this. I have 2 active kids and I have no excuse not to be active along with them. I need to learn to walk before I can run...right? So I'll be taking baby steps and learning along the way.

Eventually, I'd like to be 135lbs and wear a size 8 again!

I can do this!

"ToBR"

Replies

• marrieandfive
    Options
    I'm also not quite 5 ft tall and I just started 5 days ago! Welcome!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stay on here and I am sure you can do it!
  • sherrisluzinit4good
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! Let's do this thing friend!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. After just writing down EVERYTHING you eat for a week you will start to realize some interesting patterns about your eating habits. Slowly you can make changes to those for the better. Make some achievable goals (like being active for 20 mins 6 days a week, and tracking your food DAILY, etc). Once those goals become "easy" or easier, then add more minutes a day or focus on eating more veggies or whatever. These will help the weight come off for good in a healthy way.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love to hear your goals, mine are all on my blog :-)
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Send me a friend request if you would like to. :smile:
  • TiredOfBeingRound
    TiredOfBeingRound Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow...so many responses already! Thanks for welcoming me! I already got teary eyed! (what a wuss, huh?!)

Ok...dumb question: how do I add you as Friends?
  • tinalorrainebryan
    Options
    I totally identify with all you have said. When I put weight on I am less sociable and hate seeing people who last saw me slim. I am only 4ft 11 myself and in my adult life have weighed anything from 7st 5lb up to 12 st 7lb. I have issues with my eating. Comfort eat sometimes, but mostly it is about control. I am an all or nothing girl. Very very good or very very bad. I hardly ever eat food in volume, mostly I graze and have a very sweet tooth, choosing to snack on sweets. I actually find it very hard to sit and eat a full meal in one sitting but that does not stop me gaining weight.

I really hope both of us can win this battle. I am 48 in August and my dream is to be slim at 50 and be in control of my eating. My eldest daughter is about to get married this May so at least I have a reason to start. If I can support you in any way I will do. Good luck to us both. :smile:
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Hi and welcome! The MFP community will help you :smile: