Could possibly be the world's dumbest question...

slewis02
slewis02 Posts: 14
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
On Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, are you supposed to take off days or workout everyday for 30 days? I just started and I am on day 3 and very sore. Could use a day off!

Replies

• jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    That's not a dumb question and I have thought about it myself.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    I would take a day off but do the work out for 30days not counting the days off.
  • That is what I was thinking but.... you never know!!!
  • I would take a day off but do the work out for 30days not counting the days off.

I agree, If your body needs a break-listen. But make sure the total workout days = 30.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    I think you have to do what works for you. If you need a rest day, then rest. If you know you can push through and be fine, then push.

Or give it the "head out for 5 minutes and turn around if it doesn't work" for walking/running. 99% of the time, I keep going. Every once in awhile, my body says enough and I go home. So just really listen to your body... it'll tell you what it can handle
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    If you don't take at least one day off per week to allow your muscles to rest, you could create a higher risk for injury. This risk is increased if you are out of shape to begin with.

Hope this helps :-)

Best,
    Ashley
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    From what I have read and learned about exercise especially weight training, your suppose to do it every other day. If there is any resistence training or weight lifting in the shred then yes, I would allow a day in between for your muscle to rest, that is when they build back up after tearing them down with the exercise. Keep up the great work!
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    I always try to leave at least 1-2 days of recovery time when I workout so I don't injure myself. If your body is used to that sort of conditioning, that's a different story. However, I've gone from being real lazy for a few years to jumping back into workout mode full-throttle. I can't just expect my body to be able to handle that right away.

Listen to your body whenever you are doing something. Pain isn't always your friend. Believe me, I know; after a little fall, I tore the tendons in my foot. If you feel that you need a rest day, make sure that you rest.
This discussion has been closed.