Do not eat at Sonic...

Options
EVER.
DONT LET THE 99 CENT ICE CREAM TEMPT YOU.

Oh and that Fruit Smoothie?

FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE CALORIES!!!

eeeeeeeeeee.

A Jr. Burger is 117 cals but A Sonic Burger is 650. (Not including cheese...)

SUPER SONIC CHEEESBURGER WITH MAYO - 980. (Want fries with that?)

The Grilled Chicken is a better bet at 213...but I'd toss one of the buns!

Oreo Sonic Blast (and they are so good and this is WITHOUT CREAM PEOPLE) 390.

The Blackberry Flavored Tea (which I SO WANTED to try cause I love iced teas) is 266 cals :(:(:(:(

Fast food is bad but Sonic is BAD BAD!!

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/pdfs/menu/SonicNutritionGuide.pdf

Replies

• maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    EVER.

eeeeeeeeeee.

The Blackberry Flavored Tea (which I SO WANTED to try cause I love iced teas) is 266 cals :(:(:(:(

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    The nearest sonic is like a 4hr drive.. So I won't.. lol

Thanks though.. and tech you can eat ate sonic, just either work it off, cheat day, or make it work around ya calories... It's not the foods fault its tons of calories. It's our fault for eating tons of food.
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    I just mean that sometimes you can go to a place (ie, Chick fil A) or whatever and have some options and ... anyway.

Sonic is a block away from me!
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sonic is probably the only fast food place on earth that is not tempting at all to me. Now dairy queen is a different story. I am chicken to look up the chocolate shakes that I used to be addicted to there!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    they advertise sonic here all the time.. but guess what MI dont have one.. but we have baskin robins and there heath shake blast is over 1500 cals.... RESTURAUNTS ARE EVIL GO REDWINGS...WOO HOOO
  • WMayfield
    WMayfield Posts: 19
    Options
    Yeah! I love sonic, but once I looked up the info on the "Fat free fruit smoothie" I almost died!!

Once in a while I treat myself to a cheese coney or a chicken wrap if I'm feeling noble. I've lost 5 lbs just by cutting back on sonic :(
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Sonic:noway: That's how I gained my weight. There grape cream slushes are great:drinker: I have one like everyday when I moved to MO. Here in CT they don't have sonic but when I go back to MO I will be good:tongue:

Also Chik fil A was rated no. 1 for a good fast food choice.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i used to eat at sonic. but now it pretty much makes me wanna barf.

so sad because those happy hour drink specials were awesome.

its amazing how a while of really watching what you eat can make you realize just how nasty bag-o-burgers have aways been, and how you must've been immune to it!!

my kids are going to hate me because i am anti-fast food. Lucky for me my mom eats healthfully also, so she wont be sneaking them a cheeseburger here and there.
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options

It's not the foods fault its tons of calories. It's our fault for eating tons of food.

I love this quote! :wink:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I just mean that sometimes you can go to a place (ie, Chick fil A) or whatever and have some options and ... anyway.

Sonic is a block away from me!

Wow, I just looked up nutritional facts on Chick fil a...and the chargrilled chicken sandwich only has 270 calories, 3 grams fat (1 saturated), 4 grams of fiber, and 28 grams of protein!

That is exciting news to me..I just hope its accurate!

:smile:
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    Yup!

And if you remove the bun and pickles its about 100, 120 cals!!!

YAY!

Anyway I looked up the Sonic info to see coffee facts...all disappointing!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    they advertise sonic here all the time.. but guess what MI dont have one.. but we have baskin robins and there heath shake blast is over 1500 cals.... RESTURAUNTS ARE EVIL GO REDWINGS...WOO HOOO

Actually they just opened one in Southgate I think it was, and I am pretty sure there is anther one somewhere downriver, or about to open. I was never all that tempted in the first place, and Westland is just too far away to go there JUST for fast food. How did you like that game last night? I couldn't beleive that, scored in the last 48 seconds, ugh! I conked out before the end though.
  • drtbottom
    drtbottom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :huh: Imagine my shock when i checked out the infamous Mocha Java Chiller. Can you say 760 calories. That's more than half of my caloric intake. CRAZY!!! That's the drink of the summer folks so BEWARE!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sonic is probably the only fast food place on earth that is not tempting at all to me. Now dairy queen is a different story. I am chicken to look up the chocolate shakes that I used to be addicted to there!

Aaah! DQ! I soooo love their cheeseburgers, and fries, and chicken baskets, and shrimp, and blizzards, and slushies, and icecream, and shakes!! I am right with ya on this one! :cry:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I never eat at Sonic don't like the food, but I will go at Happy Hour for a Diet Dr. Pepper. :drinker: :drinker:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Hey there fellow Michigander, stayed up to watch that game last night, got 4 hours sleep. now I'm soooo tired!:yawn:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

/quote]

Wow, I just looked up nutritional facts on Chick fil a...and the chargrilled chicken sandwich only has 270 calories, 3 grams fat (1 saturated), 4 grams of fiber, and 28 grams of protein!

That is exciting news to me..I just hope its accurate!

:smile:

chick fil a is considered the healthiest fast food operation in the united states, but you have to be smart, get grilled chicken instead of fried, choose a side salad or fruit over the waffle fries and they have great lemonade, a great substitute for soda (they even have Light lemonade, with splenda, although I prefer the regular with some added water)
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    EVER.

eeeeeeeeeee.

my co workers were going to sonic so i decided to look up the nutrition. THen remembered this thread.

the jr burger is not actually 117 calories, it is 117 GRAMS, and is 310 calories!!! ahhh!!

the only other thing that is at or around 300 cals is a corn dog(210) or chicken strips off of the kids meal menu(200). Grilled checkn salad is 310

The 4 chicken strip dinner has 930..WOAH.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Hey there fellow Michigander, stayed up to watch that game last night, got 4 hours sleep. now I'm soooo tired!:yawn:

I was working but had my bro on the phone for the 3rd period. YAAAA RED WINGS!
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    EVER.

eeeeeeeeeee.

my co workers were going to sonic so i decided to look up the nutrition. THen remembered this thread.

the jr burger is not actually 117 calories, it is 117 GRAMS, and is 310 calories!!! ahhh!!

the only other thing that is at or around 300 cals is a corn dog(210) or chicken strips off of the kids meal menu(200). Grilled checkn salad is 310

The 4 chicken strip dinner has 930..WOAH.

Whoops! He he!

Try the grilled chicken sandwich - under 300 calories!!