Good Chocolate?

Options
Hi, I'm a chocolate addict HAHA. Honestly, although the cravings are getting less and less there are still times that I feel like I won't make it through the rest of my day without a piece of chocolate. So, rather than sampling every bar at the store, what kind of dark chocolate is your favorite? I have quite a few different chain grocery stores in my area as well as easy access to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods

Replies

• cassma
    cassma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Green & Blacks organic chocolate is yum!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Godiva- Dark chocolate raspberry bar-

http://www.godiva.com/product/godiva-dark-chocolate-with-raspberry-bars-24-pc-/id/1550.gdv?SE_Section=Shop&SE_Category=217&lastCat=217

It's 200 per bar, but I almost always break each section, freeze the bar and have 1-2 sections at a time. It's like tradition of deliciousness
  • jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Options
    I just tried a new kind yesterday, and it instantly became my favorite- Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt. Sounds weird, right? But it's only a little bit salty, and the salt really really intensifies the flavour! mmmm
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on sweets but I have to agree with Green & Blacks organic dark chocolate .. great stuff.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bourneville dark chocolate bar, its only 231 cals but its lovely - I can't keep mine in the freezer I have to have it in one go!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I love chocolate too. My shakeology is chocolate, my protien drink is chocolate, my once in a while coffee is mocha and for just biting into a candy I like Chirardelli Intense dark 60% or a bit higher the 80 isn't that good. They come in a bag individually wrapped and 4 squares is one serving, so you can have 1 now or 3 later. I'll have 2 at lunch and 2 for a late night snack with some nuts. BTW 220 cals
    t
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm chocolate, but married :) So, I would have to say Godiva dark chocolate caramel gems would be your next choice!
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    I LOVE Lindt's Excellence dark chocolate bars. My favorites are the Touch of Sea Salt and the Chili Dark Chocolate bars. Unfortunately the cocoa content is actually not all that high (~40%). I also really like their 70% Dark Chocolate (better for you, but actually higher in calories). Excluding special sales, the best regular price I've found is at Target ($2.29), and they also regularly have sales of these bars for $1.99. I've tried Trader Joe's dark chocolate and it just wasn't as creamy or smooth tasting.

Another favorite, when I can find it, is Chocolove Crystallized Ginger in Dark Chocolate Bar (65% chocolate). But I love ginger too.

I am a chocolate lover too (but only dark chocolate). I eat some chocolate almost daily (usually just 1 square) and have decided there is no way in hell I will waste my daily treat on inferior chocolate.

2588447.png
  • Pullwench
    Options
    Ghiradelli makes a decent 60% & 72% dark chocolate, but nothing compares to the 80% I had in Grenada...I would go back there just for that stuff!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm a Lindt Excellent 70% fan :)
  • Dlenakakis
    Dlenakakis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hum...yummy - maybe I WILL have to try all of them :heart:
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love Alter Eco's dark chocolate "blackout" bar. I get them at my local hippie health food store. It's 85% though, so it might be too bitter for people who aren't used to very dark chocolate.

For something slightly less healthy (haha), I love Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Mint Creams and Dark Chocolate PB Cups.