Hello, I am here to shed some pounds and make some friends.

Options
Hi! My name is Alyssa. I am here to make some new friends to help me with my weight loss that has needed to happen for many years now and I am finally going to really try and make a schedule for it. Although I am struggling with foods to prepare that are healthy for you, as well as things to do with children. I have a 5 year old and a one year old, I am a stay at home mom, and I do have time to work out during my son's naptime, although I almost always am stuck at the house and can not go to the gym. I am open to suggestions. I own a wii and I do use it for exercise and fun.

Will be glad to get to know everyone. Thanks

Alyssa B.

Replies

• dustyhuffman
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is amazing!!! Happy Dieting!!! You can send me a friend request if you would like!!!!
  • gillybt
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I joined at the start of January. I work part time and have two kids aged 16 and 9. After the usual Christmas indulgence, good job it's only once a year I felt I needed to start afresh. I do feel motivated to loose some more weight. I will be 40 this year, and although I will never be slim, I aim to loose a bit of weight, I'd be happy with a stone. I really think this website is fantastic, I have the app on my iPod touch which is so handy as I can update at any time. I feel it helps me stay on track and really think about what I eat. I do struggle to drink water though, the most I've managed is 3 glasses in one day. I must try harder. I have access to a wii and do try to go on the Wii fit and lets dance 2, that is fun. I bought a hula hoop yesterday, but so far I'm pretty useless, but hey, I will crack it. I hope you do well and wish you luck.
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    Since you have young children, learning to eat healthy now is SUPER important not just for you but for them too! Best wishes to you on your new journey!

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tinaloveshotpants
    tinaloveshotpants Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    take the kids swimming to family session. If you haver children and stop at home with them, you proberly cook fresh meals anyway. I woyuld just try smaller portions thats all I do !
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Buy a skipping rope and a few dumbells and you can work out at home.
  • Sis73
    Sis73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like everyone says you will love this place. I have tried a lot of things and this site is by far the best! I am a stay at home mom as well. Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • aab051703
    aab051703 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. I just need to stay on top of things and eat healthy. I started my journal as well as my before pics. I know I need to lose weight! Just help me keep going.
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie as well. I have been doing the EA active Sports 2 for about 2 to 3 weeks now and it is really good. We got it for the play station but I'm sure you can get it for the wee. I am also at home with a six month old at the moment and i also have my 2.5 year old home from creche a lot so it is hard to exercise with kids around.

best of luck