Hello, new to this site, not to the app.

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal app on my iphone since August and have lost 20lbs so far. I have another 8-10 lbs to lose and I have plateaued on my weight loss since before Christmas. I am a stay at home mother to two girls, ages 8 and 4. I usually do the elliptical 4-5 times a week for 40 min. and just started Jillian's 30 day shred today. I also do Biggest Loser Challenge on the Wii. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to break this plateau? I'm starting to think I am not eating enough calories. Would love to hear from others who broke through a plateau. I am having a hard time accepting the fact that I need to eat more calories, I usually eat 1200 and whatever I burn for the day. My BMR is 1380 (I just checked it today). Any help or encouragement is welcome.

Replies

• MammaEllis
    Options
    Drinking enough water? A lot of people assume that 8 cups a day is what you should stick to, not nearly enough actually. There are web sites that you can use to figure out how much you should actually be drinking each day according to your weight and activity level. Id check in to it!

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I think you need to switch up your workouts and incorporating the 30 day shred may be just what you need. Your body will get used to something after a while and then you plateau. Good Luck!
  • betsyn
    betsyn Posts: 3
    Options
    No, I am proabably lacking there, I drink mainly water, only 4 glasses a day, of pure ice water, then usually two cups of coffee in the morning and two cups of green tea throughtout the day. I just bought some lemons to cut up and freeze to make my drinking water easier. I don't mind it if it is ice cold, but the lemons help. Thanks for responding.:smile: