I have a question about floppy parts...

Options
Ladies- I am so worried that people are looking at the loose skin on my stomach that I wear uncomfortable shaper panties under my clothes and won't do Yoga in public. Does anyone else do this, or worry that people are looking at your floppy parts?

MEN- How concerned are you about womens floppy parts? You know. The stomach and boobs,not to mention the upper arm. Be honest! :)

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have so flabby skin I don't even worry about it. My goal was truly to be healthy and I'm there. My hubby loves every squishy inch, the furry children don't care how much flab I have as long as I walk them every day, and my family & friends are just happy I'm here and alive. Hubby even offered to get me plastic surgery if I wanted, I said no - its just a shell and I look great in clothes. No one else sees me naked and if I get a few stares when wearing a bathing suit, oh well. I got a lot stares at 436 lbs. Didn't care then, don't care now.

If you get involved in a relationship where someone doesn't like the body you have, it doesn't bode well for a connected, long term relationship. If the floppy parts bother you, then look into trying natural remedies (i.e. exercise) or consult a surgeon.

Good luck - remember its just skin and none of us going to be Angelina Jolie.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ok first of all is your profile pic the most recent pic of you? If so I would like to know where it is you think you have floppy parts? I looked at all the pics you have posted and nowhere do I see any floppy parts, you look fabulous in every single one of them. I don't think you need to worry about any floppy parts at all. :happy:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard not to worry about these things. I do espically when I take a class in the studio with mirrors. I just try to remember how much better I will look down the line. As far a yoga goes, I know I have a hard time looking at peol while in my poses so i know they don't have tiem to look at me. Yoga is about acepting what your body can do at that momnet. If any one is judging you in yoga than they obviously don't get what it's all about.

Just keep working on your floppy parts and forget about what strangers think! (I know easier said than done) Good Luck!
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    lol, speak for yourself, I'm loads like angelina jolie:laugh:

you gotta do what is right for you . I lost about 90 pounds a few years ago and I felt stunning, confident, happy - and I wanted to feel that way naked too, not just in clothes, I had been single for 12 years and sexless as well :-(( ... once I lost weight I was attracting attention, after being invisible for soooo long, but I was in not better position, I still was not comfortable naked, the same as when I was much bigger.

I had a tummy tuck and never looked back, in jeans, you still have to put the lose skin somewhere, and I just felt I could not complete my journey without getting rid of it, so i did and as I say never looked back

My boobs, are massive and saggy :sad: but finding the money to do them is not gonna happen so I'm gonna have to live with em.

I'm with someone now who cares nto whether i'm big or small seems to love me any old how, any old shape ... strange, a new phenomenon.

You gotta do what is right for you - I just felt when I'd lost the weight something was not quite right, once I'd had the tummy tuck I felt like I had finally arrived at my destination (boobs aside lol).

i was not so worried about men looking at floppy parts, I just couldn't stand looking at them myself.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do xxxxx
  • Bbjean
    Bbjean Posts: 2
    Options
    A really great thing that i found that you can do is swim.. Swimming works all of your muscles, so you can target more at one time instead of always just being able to isolate and work on one thing. And honestly about the "Flabby parts" you are worrying that people are noticing, They probably do not even notice it. I feel that you are always going to be your own worst enemy, and you will always notice the flaws that you think you have, so you feel that you cant wear this or that, or should i show off this or that. When over all you should be so proud of everything that you have accomplished and are going to accomplish. I noticed that no matter what i did or how much i am losing, I am always going to be harder on myself more than anything.. And that is not good for you.. So just turn off that voice and say i am beautiful and i am going to celebrate me..
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My floppy parts have floppy parts. I wear them with pride - they show some of the work I've done (loose skin instead of fat-filled!). I do choose clothes that are flattering and fit me well, but I don't despair too much over what others might think. For instance, I've got crazy underarm batwings - I could literally take flight if a strong wind came up and I was wearing a tank top. I *am* aware of them, and I tend to feel more comfortable in sleeves... but I won't let it stop me from sporting a swimsuit or a sundress if the mood strikes me. And if someone takes issue with my wings, I can always knock 'em out: the bat wings hide a darn good pair of guns.

As for the guys, some care, some don't. They're entitled - and so are YOU. You can pick what's important to you in a guy - is it someone who's tolerant and could care less? Is it someone who puts emphasis on looks? (I am in NO way saying one is better than the other, but I DO know which I like) Is it someone who has killer abs or someone that might have a killer double chin? Is it someone that has kids or doesn't? It's all relative. And you can find what you're looking for, and so can he. I'd bet there are thousands out there that would say you're exactly what they'd want to look at!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Regular sauna, massage, Fish oil, multi-vitamins, reflexology