Whomever suggested MapMyRun...

Options
Thank you! :flowerforyou: I forgot who it was, but I recently saw it on here and tried it tonight. So cool! I mapped out a 4 1/2 mile run and went with my bf. It took 53 minutes! I am ridiculously disappointed with my time LOL, but then the site can't account for hills, and there are a lot of those out here in the mountains. But it was still great to see how much distance I covered. I am going to make it a point to run at least 12 miles a week in addition to my elliptical and stairmill training.

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou: I forgot who it was, but I recently saw it on here and tried it tonight. So cool! I mapped out a 4 1/2 mile run and went with my bf. It took 53 minutes! I am ridiculously disappointed with my time LOL, but then the site can't account for hills, and there are a lot of those out here in the mountains. But it was still great to see how much distance I covered. I am going to make it a point to run at least 12 miles a week in addition to my elliptical and stairmill training.
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    Yeah today I used mapmyrun.com to find out how far it would be if I walked to my night class. It was a whopping 2.5 miles, so I decided I'd make a work out out of it. On the way... I twisted my ankle, and my fiance had to pick me up. So... no exercise calories for me today... and probably not for a while. :sad:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yeah today I used mapmyrun.com to find out how far it would be if I walked to my night class. It was a whopping 2.5 miles, so I decided I'd make a work out out of it. On the way... I twisted my ankle, and my fiance had to pick me up. So... no exercise calories for me today... and probably not for a while. :sad:

Oh no! :frown: What a bummer. Keep it elevated and iced on and off in 20 min. intervals, take an anti-inflammatory, and get better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    had to go check out mapmyrun after reading this post. I bike more than run and I absolutely love that site! Thanks!
  • melissa73
    Options
    Bumping for new runners and walkers
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It is a great tool, isn't it? I love that site!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, love that site -- and songbyrd that time was fine... don't be so hard on yourself.:happy:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    had to go check out mapmyrun after reading this post. I bike more than run and I absolutely love that site! Thanks!

Bamboo, they have mapmyride.com too for cyclists. But now you have to join to be able to print out the routes :grumble: Still worth it though. I like the cue sheets options they have for printing.