Insanity workout

Options
:smile: Has anyone ever done this? I've heard rave reviews on it and am going to try it. Just wondering what your thoughts and/or comments are about it. Thanks

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Insanity is HARD!

I tried to do it about six months ago when I was in decent shape and I couldn't do it. It is my goal to work up to being in good enough shape to complete the 60-day Insanity program. As of right now I'm doing circuit training 4x a week, running 1-2x a week, and doing yoga 1-2x a week.

Good luck if you try it!
  • wantstolose
    Options
    I do this with my sister about three times a week. we usually do the ab workout and one other one. they really give you a workout my sister and her boyfriend are both fit and have a hard time doing all of the workout.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout, but very hard. My husband and I finished the 63 days straight a few months ago. It was hard on my knees. I am still doing Insanity as part of a hybrid with P90X. Insanity has greatly improved my cardio endurance.

Some people start:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138219-insanity-anyone-here-do-it?hl=insanity#posts-1881554
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/152840-insanity-workout-dvd

Some people quit:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/136322-i-think-i-quit
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    :smile: Has anyone ever done this? I've heard rave reviews on it and am going to try it. Just wondering what your thoughts and/or comments are about it. Thanks

Insanity is very Hard! However that is the beauty of working out at home, you can pause the DVD if you need a break or you can rest and pick back up with the next exercise.
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    Someone on her told me to do P90X first
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    It is definitely a hard workout, but I loved it and miss it! I had to stop because it's a LOT of plyometrics and the jumping around day after day was just too hard on my knees and ankles. Thinking I will try to start it up again but instead of doing it in 60 days give myself 90 days or so. Good luck if you try it! Check out the message boards on teambeachbody for more info as well!
  • karl1711
    Options
    I own the DVD's and they are HARD. A great workout but if you are out of shape it will take everything you got to do them. There were certain things I couldn't do correctly so I just did a different exercise until he moved on.
    Good luck.
  • ima_gymchick
    Options
    It's a great workout ...IFyou will push yourself thru it! The problem being, most people do NOT push hard enough...and will turn the DVD off if it gets too hard. I love it! I own a fitness studio, and most of my workouts are similar to these.... not for everyone. Those that make it thru, reap the rewards...GOOD LUCK :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It is not to be taken lightly. I did it for three weeks inbetween my 2nd and 3rd Rounds of P90X. I never would have even lasted the warmup with having done the X first. Unlike P90X which can be done over and over, Insanity is not designed for multiple back to back rounds. It is an assault on fat but it will strip some muscle as well, so I personally wouldn't do the 60 day program exclusively. I mix one Insanity program a week into my P90X schedule.

I wa also surprised at the amount of pushups there are in the program so keep that im mind as well.

Tim
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did my 60 day round last January and February after finishing 3 90-day rounds of P90X. It busted my butt every single day. It was VERY challenging! It was also very tough on my knees. I appreciate the program for what it is, and there are many people on here that love, love, love the program. I, however, do not. I did get very good results, but I didn't look forward to working out. Also, don't know about anyone else, but I HATED the warm-up!