busy mom.. HELP!

McRebecca
McRebecca Posts: 72
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have 5 kids... attend college full time and started my internship so working full time.. HELP! I have NO time for a gym nor is there one just down the street!

I am considering P90X... Kinect for our XBox 360 or buying the WII!?

Any suggestions? or feedback on any of the products??

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Think about how much time you have to work out and go from there. for those short on time 30 day shred is a great place to start. wii is great because it brings the whole family together but I find it takes me a while and doesn't keep me going at a pace i love. what about buying a aerobic step and a few dvds? there's lots out there it just depends on time, funds and goals.
  • Kinda depends on the ages of your kids. Wii seems to have a bigger selection of games that get the whole family active. :)
    Also, I used to walk on the treadmill while I read when I was going to the gym and in classes - it's not for everyone, but I got a lot out of it. :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    If you have limited time, I would recommend not doing P90X.. from what I understand, some workout days are up to 90 minutes.

I would try HIIT. You can burn a lot of calories and turn your body into a fat burning machine by doing intervals for only 20-30 minutes.

As someone suggested, 30 Day Shred is also an excellent workout and only takes up about 22 minutes.

Don't forget to stretch! ;-)
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    There are LOADS of DVDs at home you can do. You don't have to stick to a particular trainer/ theme - mix it up! You can often borrow them from libraries too so perhaps try that and see what you're in to.

All you have to do is MAKE SURE YOU DO THEM!
  • Thank you for all the feedback!

I bought the Kinect and biggest loser and a few other good ones! Lets see if that and a healthier diet helps!
This discussion has been closed.