Short leg & cardio anyone?

Setof2Keys
Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have short leg and my sciatic nerve was severly pinched 3 weeks ago. I got relief after seeing my Osteopath and getting some manipulation done. :) Now the muscles in my lower back are still soar after about 12 days from the adjustment.

I can not seem to convince myself to start my cardio again. Im afraid of pinching my nerve again. Is there anyone else dealing with short leg? If so, what cardio routines do you do? I really am looking for some security to begin again.

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Have you considered having an orthotic insert made to put into the shoe of your shorter leg?
    Many runners have a leg length difference. It quite common but doesn't have to mean ongoing problems.
    A sports podiatrist should be able to assist you.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Yes, I currently wear one but my shortage is too significant to wear the exact height inside my shoe. I can't afford to have it put on the outside of all of my shoes. When I was not heavy, I didn't have problems with it. It's hard to work off the weight when it's difficult to move. :( I no longer want an "excuse" I need to find a solution. I wear this insert every day now and it is not fun. My back is still aching.
This discussion has been closed.