Medicine Ball Experience

leanmass24
leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wanted to share my experience with my small non bouncy medicine ball and would like to hear some feedback from others that have used them. So I was at the gym and I saw that they had some different medicine balls there, so i picked one up and started tossing it around. It was pretty fun and I seemed to be getting a great workout. Next time I went I was tossing it around with my partner. It was fun for both of us. So recently I bought an 8lb one for home use. I have been tossing it around from the sitting kneeling standing, and laying postions, as well as laying leg and arm lifts. It has been a nice tool for increasing strength in places that i didnt know i had places...lol.I also have been doing some grip work with it also. I can already tell a difference in the short time I have spent with them. Just thought that i would share my thoughts and I would like to hear from anyone else that has had more experience with them. Maybe some different exercises that are effective. Just trying to get the full potential out of it. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Mrs_Fuzz
    Mrs_Fuzz Posts: 1 Member
    I am replying to this because medicine balls are my nemesis! LOL I do CrossFit and there is an exercise called "Wall Balls". If you want a good full body conditioning workout....Wall Balls will do it. If you Google "Wall Balls" you'll get some demo videos. Have fun!!
  • leanmass24
    Thanks!!... that looks pretty intense. Great workout though... I might have to invest in a bigger one also... I have one of the small pliable ones not the big bouncy ones.
  • leanmass24
    bump
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    ^ I do the crossfit wall balls usually in sets of 50 ...

I also do these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOPlqqJ39GM

but I stand on a bosu (Round side up) at least 6 feet from wall
This discussion has been closed.