Taking a Break?

Options
I've been dieting since July 2010, which was 2 months after I gave birth to my son. I started at out 175 lbs. I have lost about 50 lbs. since then (I fluctuate between 125-130 lbs.). I get up @ 4:30am and am @ the gym by 5am. I do this 5x/week. My caloric intake is usually between 1200-1500, with it going up to about 2000 on weekends (to keep my body guessing). I would love to lose about 7 more lbs. and make it to 120 lbs., but honestly, I'm just getting tired. I'm so tired of counting calories, watching everything I eat, being "good". I don't mind the exercise so much - although I'd love to cut back to about 3x/week. I know how necessary that it is to lose/maintain weight. I just hate everything else. I hate the obsession. I want to take a break but am afraid I won't ever come back and may even begin gaining again. My friends and family don't understand why I'm not happy where I'm currently at (size 6). I don't know where and when to stop though. Anyone else ever feel this way? What did you do? How did you handle it?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I feel this way sometimes too. I am currently maintaining. Diet makes up about 80-90% of weight loss, where exercise only makes up 10-20%. So cutting back the exercise probably won't make too much of a difference. Unfortunately if we do not want to gain we have to "watch" what we eat. I feel like I obsess sometimes and just want to stop, but then I remember how unhappy I was when I was 15 lbs heavier. I eat pretty much what I want now but I make sure to hold myself accountable. If I go over one day I try and be under the next. I do not micromanage on the weekends so mainly I keep track on week days. A size 6 is tiny and I think you look great. You need to be happy in your skin though.
  • amysambora
    Options
    If you feel like taking a break, take a break :) Allow yourself that. Sometimes we have trouble seeing what we have achieved...look back to when you were 50lb heavier and just dreaming about being a size 6. And look at you now. Through hard work and dedication you have DONE IT! 7lb is not that much, especially if your weight tends to fluctuate up to 5lb anyway. Take a moment and congratulate yourself on what you have achieved, you deserve it! Trust your instincts and trust YOURSELF. I'm sure you won't start gaining again - after all your hard work and all that you've learned, you won't let that happen.