Potassium

Options
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether or not the values in MFP for Potassium are generally accurate?

I find that MFP reports that I am more short of Potassium than anything else, yet when I research the Potassium-rich foods I am eating my fair share.

Your views would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Nick

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of times they're not quite accurate. It's not required for nutrition labels, so sometimes it's not available information, or people just don't put it in. When in doubt, research it yourself and edit the entry if necessary.
  • mzdawnte
    Options
    I also noticed that potassium is the area I fall short in everyday!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Most foods don't list the potassium in them because it's not required by law. If you know you're eating a lot of potassium rich foods but it's not showing on MFP, then you're probably fine.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I think a lot of times they're not quite accurate. It's not required for nutrition labels, so sometimes it's not available information, or people just don't put it in. When in doubt, research it yourself and edit the entry if necessary.

This. FDA doesn't require it, so its not listed. Good that you're keeping it in mind though!